“Worth going” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tangor
Ranked #6 of 200 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: French, European, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Worth going”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We had cevice and sushi and it was to die for! Good service with friendly staff. Good menu choice of dishes and very nice French owners always concerned about your experience. Well located, came back for some after dinner drinks everyday we stayed in Luang Prabang.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Montpellier, France
“the pleasure of France”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Tangor is a lovely place to sip a drink in the shade and listen to first-rate jazz (recorded) at the end of the afternoon, and a lovely place to eat, too, though the French accent in the cooking is stronger than the Lao, and it's rather expensive (though not by Parisian standards). The lime-basil panna cotta was a most brilliant dessert.

Visited November 2013
Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,530 helpful votes
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had one of the best fish dishes I ever had at this restaurant, and that means something! They do cook with a lot of herbs so you'll have an explosion of taste in your mouth.

The starters were very good also, not just nicely presented but also cooked to perfection. Our second main course wasn't as good as the fish, the meat too dry. But the owner has shown how to handle such a case: looked at it, took it to the kitchen, returned, excused, asked if we want another main course and informed that it was taken off the bill. This is perfect customer service and each and every customer will excuse because we all know that something like this can happen.

Desserts were also extremely good.

Look at my other reviews and you'll understand that it's not easy to get a 5* ranking for food.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I felt bad for other restaurants because I ended up eating here so often. But it just has so much going for it. Owners who run the business side-by-side. Good, tasty, interesting food. Interesting drinks that go down way to fast. And they are on the stip with really wide opening windows so you get to people watch. It's a nice looking restaurant, and everything they are doing just works well together. You really feel like they have thought it all out, and it now seems effortless. That's the way it should be. Make sure to stop here for a dinner at least once during your stay in LP. It was the best I had while I was there. And I paid more at other places in town for a lot less (and I'm talking quality and experience). We came back with a few others we had met along the way and ended up closing down the restaurant a couple of the nights (don't do this if you are staying very far as even transportation shuts down so you are walking home at the end of the night).

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank RonGibson
Berlin, Germany
“Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've lived many years in France and know good food. I went to this place without any expectations - it was nearby and I'd seen it on the TA. I must say I was very impressed. I had only one dish (fish in lemongrass and I think coconut sauce) and maybe I was lucky but it was truly exceptional. An impressive blend of French and Asian cuisine. The service was nice and the ambience ok. The prices are probably higher than many Lao restaurants but I think it should be expected from a Western/fusion restaurant of this quality.

• Visited December 2013