“Astoundingly good”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Astoundingly good”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Tangor has some of the most original and fantastic food I've had, anywhere. You could put there dishes in any top restaurant in the world and they would not be out of place. Sticky rice sushi, fried spring rolls and of course the signature dish of ceviche, all were stunning. When you get the bill you almost want to cry because it's such incredible value. I would be very surprised if there is anywhere else in the world you can get mains of this quality for only about US$10.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Truly Delicious Spring Rolls”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We ate here twice during our four nights in LP and both times came away raving about the food. The tastes and flavors are subtle and a great blend of Laos food and French. The spring rolls are the best I have had for a long time - cooked to perfection, delicious lemongrass flavors and packed with chicken. We tried the wonton soup - good but perhaps not as good as the other dishes we had here, cerviche - wonderful and recommended, and the fish in coconut and lemongrass was to die for. Finally, against my (incorrect) instincts, I tried the basil and lime juice panacotta. This was a lovely fusion of Laos and French tastes and the sensation lingered in mouth all the way home. Yes it is more expensive than many other LP restaurants, but then it is not your average joint. We would go back a third and fourth time if we were here for longer.

• Visited December 2013
New Zealand
“Lovely setting great food”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had a lovely drink here, sitting watching the world go by. One of the best meals i have had in Luang Prabang was enjoyed here as well.

Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Went back for a second visit in two days”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We loved this place on LP's main strip. Stopped in two of our three evenings in town for drinks and hearty appetizers or light diner. The appie platter with sushi, ceviche, and spring rolls was recommended and WOW what a great suggestion. The ceviche is some of the best I've had. The wines by the glass were good which is really saying something for Laos (I'm not a beer drinker and had been getting by on spirits...) You really must treat yourself to a dessert or two as well. The lemon tart looked and tasted like something out of a Parisienne patisserie. And the lime/basil panna cotta was amazing and different. Gotta have both, 'cause it's too hard to choose...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank vobriant
Brisbane, Australia
“French decadence & sweets that are sweet!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've been craving something super sweet since most Lao desserts barely register on my sugar-loving western palate. I had a cider and a lemon tart here on a Saturday afternoon - delicious, and very sweet! Tangor is a delightful place to sit and watch the world go by.

Visited December 2013