“Went back for a second visit in two days”
Review of Tangor

Tangor
Ranked #16 of 227 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We loved this place on LP's main strip. Stopped in two of our three evenings in town for drinks and hearty appetizers or light diner. The appie platter with sushi, ceviche, and spring rolls was recommended and WOW what a great suggestion. The ceviche is some of the best I've had. The wines by the glass were good which is really saying something for Laos (I'm not a beer drinker and had been getting by on spirits...) You really must treat yourself to a dessert or two as well. The lemon tart looked and tasted like something out of a Parisienne patisserie. And the lime/basil panna cotta was amazing and different. Gotta have both, 'cause it's too hard to choose...

1  Thank vobriant
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've been craving something super sweet since most Lao desserts barely register on my sugar-loving western palate. I had a cider and a lemon tart here on a Saturday afternoon - delicious, and very sweet! Tangor is a delightful place to sit and watch the world go by.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I went here a couple of times for a beer and some snacks. From the restaurant you can watch the people go by and relax. The staff are french and very welcoming.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

During our six nights in luang prabang we came here for at least a drink every evening, the service from the French and Lao staff was very professional, no doubt the European influence helped. We only had drinks and starters so I cant comment about the mains. Perhaps it was more expensive than a traditional Lao cafe serving Lao food, but it is run by a Frenchman, serving quality imported food, you get what you pay for, . oh and the location, couldn't be better for people watching as they stroll down to the night markets.

1  Thank andrew f
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner here! It was a little more expensive that we like to pay but we embraced it and ordered food we haven't had in a while.

I can't say how pleased I am that we did. The food was fantastic and it was so nice to have some really delicious Western food!

I unfortunately didn't catch the waiter's name but he was also superb. Really attentive, polite and friendly! And again a welcome change from our recent experiences.