“Great location, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sanctuary Luang Prabang Hotel

and 1 more site!
Sanctuary Luang Prabang Hotel
Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in Luang Prabang
“Great location, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Very nice hotel, just 150 metres away from the night market and all the Luang Prabang's action. Also, Alms ceremony happens just across the street, so you can wake up, see it and go back to sleep... believe me, that is a plus.

Hotel is really beautiful and has a good service. Our double room was big, with a very confortable bed and a small terrace to sit outside. Also breakfast is high quality, with a buffet and they even cook crepes and soups on request. But we especially liked how hotel manager (Henri) was involved with all clientes, trying to make the best of their stay approaching to make himself available and helping solving doubts and with interesting suggestions of his own. Also, wifi did not work properly in our room (low signal) but they quickly installed an alternative router and problem was fixed very quickly. To sum it up: top level hotel at a very affordable price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pablo M
Sanctuary Hotel... L, General Manager at Sanctuary Luang Prabang Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear Pablo M,
It is always a pleasure to read such a rewarding comment. It gives me and all my team the mood to continue improving the quality of our services. We have worked a lot on the food quality of our breakfast and we are glad to see it is a success.
Thank you very much.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

The Sanctuary is a very nice hotel, well located near the center of Luang Prabang. A beautiful and well-kept garden is the center of the structure. If the weather is good, you can enjoy breakfast in the garden.
The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The restaurant is good too.
Overall, a great experience and a place I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Alessandra_G73,
I personally would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was a delight to have you in our property. If you choose Luang Prabang again in your next trip, we will be very pleased to welcome you back again.

Celerina, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

The Sanctuary hotel is a very quaint hotel in Luang Prabang, clean, spacious and well maintained.
Price value is definitely good and the staff are all very friendly and accommodating. We especially appreciated that we were allowed to use a room for a small surcharge to shower and clean up after emerging from our jungle trek the day after our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sanctuary Hotel... L, General Manager at Sanctuary Luang Prabang Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Dear reviewer,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I will share it with the staff and I am sure they will feel as proud as I do.
Hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Hotel manager
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I visited Luang Prabang for the first time and took some time to find a suitable hotel for two nights. In the end, I chose the Sanctuary Hotel. This is a very new hotel with extremely clean rooms, a wonderful restaurant and a beautiful garden. I had breakfast every morning in the lovely arcade. Eventually, I extended my stay again and again turning 2 nights into 5 nights. I would not want to leave but had to continue my trip to northern Laos by motorcycle.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear reviewer,

Hope you made it safe back to Germany. It was a pleasure to have you in our property and on behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for your kind comments. Do not hesitate to contact us directly if you would like to book an other stay with us.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I must say I'm very impressed by the standard of this hotel given the low price I paid for! The room is very spacious, bed as comfortable. The best thing of the hotel is that its located just a mere 5mins walk away from the main street where the night market and shops are located as well as the Royal Palace Museum. Its peaceful and quiet at night as compared to hotels located on the main street. There's a wide choice for breakfast. The only thing I would like to comment is regarding the wifi. Despite given the user and password on a slip of paper, the wifi still does not works. Its only when I went to the reception asking for help, I realised that another log in have to be completed via safari on my iphone. I suspect this is the reason why I read other travellers not being able to connect to wifi. Perhaps more instructions need to be given regarding this. Other than that, I must really say I enjoyed the stay and will not hesitate to introduce friends to stay when they travel to Luang Prabang. Definitely value for money!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have better privacy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank shun821
Sanctuary Hotel... L, General Manager at Sanctuary Luang Prabang Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Shun,

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to thank you for your kind comment. Indeed the location is very convenient if you are in town for just few days. Located 2 minutes away from the night market and the entrance of the main road, it is the ideal place to visit without needing a tuk tuk transportation.
Regarding the wifi, we are still working on it and we have found a solution to fix it. I invite my future guests to directly address me the issue if it happened again and I will personally ensure an internet connection is available.

We hope to welcome you back in our property for your next trip to Luang Prabang.

Kind regards,

General manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was lucky to choose this hotel for three days this July.
Looking at the website and the low price I thought there must be some catch. But there was no catch. A beautiful hotel, large room, large bathroom is spotlessly clean and good air conditioning. The first day had beautiful buffet breakfast, the next morning à la carte because there were only two guests?? No problem one could still have what ever one wanted for breakfast.
Breakfast staff Phett and Ron are lovely people and do everything they can to make sure you're satisfied. The hotel is within walking distance of the night market
and river.

This was the best hotel I stayed in during my three week holiday. And Lang probang is definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: My room did not have a window looking out over the central garden area. Not a major issue for me but...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sanctuary Hotel... L, General Manager at Sanctuary Luang Prabang Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Mrs Bernie,

What a pleasure to read your beautiful comment and thank you for sharing it with the tripadvisor community. You had a good deal with our summer promotion, there is "no catch".
Last minute deal with 50% discount and free upgrade upon availability.
We hope to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

The location is ideal, just outside the major foot traffic areas. The property is lovely, with well-maintained grass, gardens, and pond. The room was kept clean and the facilities, air conditioner, and water all worked well.

Breakfast was always an adventure. Both days it didn't start until nearly 7am, though management claimed it would be 6am. Service was poor and choices were small. The security guard was often asleep. The front desk staff speaks very little English. Wifi service incredibly weak (didn't work in our room), and barely even worked if sitting in the lobby next to it.

In summary, beautiful property, great location, BUT needs more motivated and attentive staff with English capabilities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank amb809
Dear reviewer,

We are very sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. At the time you came we were building up a new team and despite all the good efforts, we were still not at a proper level of service. I do apologize and I invite you to contact me directly should you like to stay in Luang Prabang again.