“Terrible, Terrible, Terrible! So disappointed”
Review of L'Hibiscus Spa

L'Hibiscus Spa
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went here due to overall good reviews on trip advisor. I was looking for somewhere professional, with a nice environment and quality massage. I booked the day before for a 3pm appointment, in an upstairs A/C room for 2 people to fit in around other activities we had planned. When we turned up the booking was lost (i think it was written in on the wrong page of the diary!) so we had to wait 45mins to begin. There seemed to be a lot of people around the building, coming and going and chatting - it wasn't exactly a serene setting. We began our 2 hour session with a shower and change into robes (which were pretty tired and scratchy), we then went upstairs to the massage room and entered an area with partitioned off beds that had very very poor privacy (dodgy curtains that didn't fully cover the entrances so anyone who walked past could see in). My partner and I were taken to different rooms, with me being taken in about 10 minutes earlier than him. Despite that, my massage started for about 2 minutes and the masseur asked if I could wait a minute because she had to do something, then didn't return for 10 minutes! By the time she returned I was already feeling uncomfortable about the experience so far so I went into my partners partitioned area and said "lets jut make this 1 hour!" - I couldn't wait for it to be over. The massage continued but it was the worst I had had for my whole 7 week holiday (in which i received massages about 8 times) - it felt really slap stick and I couldn't shake this feeling that the masseur had somewhere else to be. Surely enough, she finished the massage 10 minutes early (after having started 10 mins late!). The whole time there was people talking loudly in the building. I must admit my partner had a better experience with his massuer who was apparently very good - and the noise issue didn't bother him so much. As we were leaving, a woman said to us just outside the building "I"m sorry, we are getting ready for a wedding today". I assume she was the manager/owner. Anyway, it was awful. I won't be giving them a second chance.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"wat"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I think I made the mistake of not telling them I wanted a really strong massage. I went by myself one time and got a very nice girl who seemed to know the right moves, but lacked energy and experience. My friend went another time, fell in love with the girl, but said it was a terrible massage. if you expect a really deep tissue, I finally found one at the end of the peninsula at Peninsula massage. On the floor, they use knees, elbows, and it was fantastic, way worth the money, less than Hibiscus and there is a wonderful cafe at the end overlooking both rivers. Try the satay to die for! Had the hot oil massage. The best one was 1.5 hours. There are only curtains and sometimes other person next to you so little privacy. Hibiscus us prettier, has lockers, but insist on what you want. Maybe that was the problem.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a fantastic massage, lying on a mat on the floor, so fairly tough but great, don't have a manicure or pedicure, they cut your nails too short.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Massage is a matter of personal taste and everyone enjoys it differently. But if you like relaxing massages with deep tissue, muscle pain relief and better blood circulation, here is my recommendation: Aromatherapy with Hot Oil massage, choose either jasmine or lavender oil flavour, and ask for Miss Pengh. You can't go wrong. It's 150,000 kips for one hour, 190,000 for one and a half. And it's worth every cent of it.
I went the first day for one hour. It was the perfect balance of relaxation and pain relief. The venue is very quiet, peaceful. Hot shower and tea before and after the massage. Private locker for your belongings. One of the best massage experiences i had in SE Asia.

1  Thank Aymeric Z