“Worth the price”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Worth the price”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place in Luang Prabang for a message and decided on L'Hibiscus. The room I was in had unfinished wood walls and floors and a woven mat ceiling but it was clean and comfortable.
My wife chose the 1&1/2 hour Lao Massage while I went for the Aromatic massage also for one and a half hours.
Together they came to 245,000 kip or about $30.

We don't get enough massages to call ourselves experts and this may not be the best place in LP but we were completely happy with our choice.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Taipei, Taiwan
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Average massage on the main street”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

It isn't hard to find this popular spa on Sakhaline Rd. And it's popular!
Average skill for massage. But their "Traditional Laos massage with herb hot compress" is great! However, we tried their "Hot aroma oil massage" the other day, we felt very cold inside of the spa room & the massage skill is so so.

Brisbane, Australia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Beautiful setting; good, strong massage”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been here twice and both times had a great massage. The Traditional Lao one hour massage has been my favourite - great for an achy head and shoulders. I can tell that the masseuses here are very well trained in a firm, Thai style which is exactly what you need after lots of walking.

What I really like about this place though is the attention to detail - lockers to secure your belongings so you aren't worrying about your property and can totally relax; nice clean Thai pajamas to wear and a bathroom to get changed in; you even get your feet washed and a pair of clean thongs to wear before the massage.

Vancouver, B.C. Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We are traveling for 6 weeks in Thailand and Laos and this was by far the best massage we had. We walked in battered and bruised from an overnight trek and kayak trip under less than desirable conditions, and walked out feeling totally rejuvenated and relaxed. I had a terrible backache that completely disappeared afterwards. Very attentive staff with no problem communicating. Possibility of shower first, comfy pjs, a lockable locker for your stuff, a private room, and tea afterwards. It doesn't get better than this, in our opinion.

uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Below average massage, especially for price”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Professional staff but less than average hot stone massage and was more than 3 times the cost we paid elsewhere for a significantly better experience.