“Lovely place for traditional Lao massage.”
Review of L'Hibiscus Spa

L'Hibiscus Spa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely place for traditional Lao massage.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I loved the location and above all the looks / design of the interior. Be prepared that it's a bit hot inside (fans instead of aircon mostly) - but that does no harm to the experience. The massage was very good too and not expensive.

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“very very good”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner and I just came back from Hibiscus.We both choosed a 90 Minutes Lao Massage and we both really enjoyed it. We had a seperate room with only two matrasses. The room was cooled by an aircon.

The pressure of the massage was just perfect not too soft and not too strong. The massage therapists always asked if everything is ok. It felt, that they we really concentrated on knew what they are doing, checked the right points before they startet to put pressure.

Both ladies did a great job!!!

Furthermore the spa is very nice designen in a typicall Luang Prabang style with lots of woods, very cosy.

Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Loved the building and the massage”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I had 3 massages here in May 2013. We had 2 foot and leg one of them before climbing Mt Phousy and that was a blessing! We also had a full body Laos. The second foot and leg one that I had was not quite as good but I reckon the lovely young girl was still learning and hey you got to learn. The full body was fabulous. The building itself was so interesting that I had to take lots of photos. All in all top massage in Luang Prabang

Visited May 2013
Fuengirola, Spain
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Ignore the photos shown in TripAdvisor. This place is beautiful and provides great relaxing massage in a great place.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The pictures shown on TripAdvisor of this great place are really not good at all. My girlfriend and I walked by this place after reading other reviews and really liked it from the outside, nothing like what you get from the pictures. It's set in a small old colonial French house which in our opinion was really full of character. This made us walk in and take a look. Inside the place is simple but beautiful, again great character and warm welcoming. We booked an aromatherapy massage for the following day so we can't really say about lao massage. We were offered tea and a tray of different aroma oil options to choose from. Our massage was exactly what we were looking for. Professional and really relaxing. The only thing I would say is that I would play a little relaxing oriental zen type of music during the session as they do on some other places. But that is of course a minor and personal appreciation. If I go back to LP, I will definitely have another massage here.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MiguelVillarias
Scottsdale, Arizona
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very relaxing, very pressure point”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Based on a fellow travelers recommendation, we biked over to L'Hibiscus massage for a Laotian massage. it's a bit pricier than the places on the main tourist strip, but due to high commendations, we forked over the extra kip.
We were welcomed in and i changed into massage clothing for a 60000k dry laotian massage. it was blistering hot outside, but even in the upstairs massage room with a fan, i didn't sweat at all. the massage was a mix of pleasure and pain. she dug into all the pressure points for a full body massage and i found myself grimacing, knowing it would feel better later. the massage is very complete, and i felt as if she spent an appropriate amount of time on each section of my body.
my wife got a foot massage for an hour, and said she wished she would've brought a magazine or book to read since she sat up the whole time and felt awkward not being able to talk to her masseuse. they offer all the spa experiences, from the basic dry massage to full on 3 hr spa experiences.

Visited June 2013