“very very good”
Review of L'Hibiscus Spa

L'Hibiscus Spa
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner and I just came back from Hibiscus.We both choosed a 90 Minutes Lao Massage and we both really enjoyed it. We had a seperate room with only two matrasses. The room was cooled by an aircon.

The pressure of the massage was just perfect not too soft and not too strong. The massage therapists always asked if everything is ok. It felt, that they we really concentrated on knew what they are doing, checked the right points before they startet to put pressure.

Both ladies did a great job!!!

Furthermore the spa is very nice designen in a typicall Luang Prabang style with lots of woods, very cosy.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"wat"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I had 3 massages here in May 2013. We had 2 foot and leg one of them before climbing Mt Phousy and that was a blessing! We also had a full body Laos. The second foot and leg one that I had was not quite as good but I reckon the lovely young girl was still learning and hey you got to learn. The full body was fabulous. The building itself was so interesting that I had to take lots of photos. All in all top massage in Luang Prabang

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The pictures shown on TripAdvisor of this great place are really not good at all. My girlfriend and I walked by this place after reading other reviews and really liked it from the outside, nothing like what you get from the pictures. It's set in a small old colonial French house which in our opinion was really full of character. This made us walk in and take a look. Inside the place is simple but beautiful, again great character and warm welcoming. We booked an aromatherapy massage for the following day so we can't really say about lao massage. We were offered tea and a tray of different aroma oil options to choose from. Our massage was exactly what we were looking for. Professional and really relaxing. The only thing I would say is that I would play a little relaxing oriental zen type of music during the session as they do on some other places. But that is of course a minor and personal appreciation. If I go back to LP, I will definitely have another massage here.

1  Thank MiguelVillarias
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Based on a fellow travelers recommendation, we biked over to L'Hibiscus massage for a Laotian massage. it's a bit pricier than the places on the main tourist strip, but due to high commendations, we forked over the extra kip.
We were welcomed in and i changed into massage clothing for a 60000k dry laotian massage. it was blistering hot outside, but even in the upstairs massage room with a fan, i didn't sweat at all. the massage was a mix of pleasure and pain. she dug into all the pressure points for a full body massage and i found myself grimacing, knowing it would feel better later. the massage is very complete, and i felt as if she spent an appropriate amount of time on each section of my body.
my wife got a foot massage for an hour, and said she wished she would've brought a magazine or book to read since she sat up the whole time and felt awkward not being able to talk to her masseuse. they offer all the spa experiences, from the basic dry massage to full on 3 hr spa experiences.