“Beautiful”
Review of L'Hibiscus Spa

L'Hibiscus Spa
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Very beautiful spa with a relaxing atmosphere and a wonderful design. Really traditional lao massage based on a certain pressure-technique which can be really hard though. Enjoyed it a lot and the free tea afterwards was perfect! 1 hour of lao body massage was 60000 kip.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited a number of spas on this trip and got a good chance to compare Thai, Khmer, and Lao massage. They are similar but distinctly different. Lao massage is very calm but if done right it gives a great relieve to tensions. We had one before at a different spa which both my wife (she is a massage therapist herself) and I felt was too soft and did not have much of an effect except for the relaxing time, so we tried again at L'Hibiscus and were very pleased. The two therapists were very professional and obviously had good training. Their massages hit it rit on the spot and after one hour we walked out as if we were walking on a cloud.

The setting is very soothing, the staff is absolutely friendly, and the price is very reasonable. If you are in for a good massage, this is the place to go.

1  Thank Meikie1948
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just got back from a 1 hour Lao Massage with Mai (sp?) and it was fantastic. I was referred here by the owner of the Aussie Sports Bar and Guesthouse. Even though we are not staying there, he was kind enough to hear my cry for a great massage and send me a message:) - Thanks John! (By the way, I hear it is a great place with - get this - comfy beds!)

I have been (mostly:) blessed to receive hundreds of massages and used to own a spa, so I know massages, and this was great. I was alone in a room that had several mattresses on the floor, so there ay be others in the room when they are busier. I have had Thai massage in a communal setting, so this is not a problem for me. My massage therapist had a great touch, and checked in with me to see if it was ok or if I wanted it lighter (only a couple of times) or stronger (definitely not:).

I was greeted warmly, shown to a private changing room, given clean shirts and pants to change into, then shown upstairs to the treatment room. A fan blew a lovely breeze on me the whole time. I saw her put fresh sheets on, and it smelled clean and good. After the massage, I was invited to relax and enjoy a delicious cup of herbal tea. Then I had a shower with better water pressure than in our hotel.

As others have mentioned, the place is beautiful - nice old wood. Oh! The foot bath and scrub at the beginning was worth the price alone.

Highly recommended. - Do an hour or more.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Lovely building and nice massage rooms, friendly staff. I had a traditional Lao massage here, which hurted a lot. Maybe that is the way it should be, but I certainly won't try it again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had tried a number of cheaper places in Laos (paying 30,000 kip for half an hour) with varied results. We tried here based on lonely planet recommendation as well as the look of the place. It felt like a real spa, quiet, with nice musc playing, clothes to change into, a lovely building.
We got an hour long Lao massage for 60,000 kip (US $7.50) each. There were private rooms with clean sheets for each person. The masseuses didn't talk to each others through the whole thing like we had had before.
Traditional Lao massage is with no oil and can be quite painful. Try an oil massage if you are unsure.
We would definitely recommend this place to others, feeling very relaxed for the rest of the day. :)