All reviews vintage mercedes the nam khan river the river cooking class terrace restaurant complimentary mini bar sunset cruise the main street breakfast service colonial style charming hotel balcony room location is ideal breakfast and dinner night market hotel staff rain shower
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2017

On arrival at the airport I was met by my driver who had my name on a sign. He took my bags and escorted me to my waiting car; a very old, yet nice, vintage Mercedes. Very nice way to start my stay here.

Overall location of the hotel is ideal - walking distance to the night market and multiple temples and within the area of the UNESCO World Heritage city limit and is also ideally located along a very tranquil riverside lane.

So once i arrived at the hotel i was welcomed by the team who conducted the necessary check in formalities and then I was shown to my room - Deluxe Garden Balcony.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms looked exactly like they do in the images. Very happy. They were in keeping with the location, clean and tidy. The decor was arranged to a very good taste.

The room was spacious, yet dark at times, but this played a positive part in keeping with the colonial theme and design. The bathroom/dressing room is integrated into the main bedroom area, so it is like an open plan concept. Many have commented on the shower being open and on show and is an issue, but for me, I don't think so. I think it shows character and is something different from the normal closed off bathroom we have all become accustom to.

Staff were friendly and informative. Always happy and always tried to ensure they could help us with anything we needed or wanted.

Breakfast is on show with a good selection of pastry, croissants, cereals, toast and yoghurts on show. In addition, there was an A La Carte menu available to select cooked eggs, bacon, etc. Tea and coffee is brought to your table with a friendly smile.

I also had lunch and dinner at the hotel and there is a good selection on offer. Many local dishes and international options. Reasonably priced but you are able to walk into the local night market which is on every night and find food there easily. There are also many other restaurants and bakeries to choose from too.

The spa is amazing. No wonder the reviews are really positive! Make sure you book yourself in when you arrive, to make sure you don't miss out. I saw guests staying at other hotels come for a spa!

Make sure you change money over to Kip as they do offer the bills in Kip, US$ and THB but the exchange rate they change it to isn't great! Get enough Kip to last you your stay.

I did a lot of research when choosing this hotel and can honestly say I was really happy. I definitely chose well and would recommend this hotel to all. I saw a few other hotels whilst walking around and popped into a couple of them to check them out and I can honestly say, Burasari Heritage does stand out from the rest. Theme and design is special. Location is ideal. Staff are helpful and the hotel is exactly what you see on the hotels images!

Room tip: Any room is great, just enjoy and relax!
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BurasariGroup G, General Manager at Burasari Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2017

Dear Theluckywonderer,

Thank you for your kind comments. So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed January 13, 2017

As I write this review, I still feel very torn on this property. Going in, I did all the reviews and was well aware of the quirkiness, shower in room (not very private) and great balcony views. Myself, wife and daughter (11yrs old) booked a deluxe balcony room and was a bit underwhelmed on the size on what deluxe was. Also, while booking specified that it was for 3 people, as I did for all stays throughout our stays in Cambodia. During booking, did not specify additional charges for a 3rd person - wasn't trying to hide fact that child was accompanying us on vacation, that's why we chose the deluxe as we figured it would allow us more space. Not the case, still unsure what deluxe vs standard means and upon arrival was charged an additional $40 per night for a pull away bed. This is the only property that charged for additional pull away for our child; again nothing was noted while booking the property for 3 people. $40 per night for a pull away seemed to be a bit exorbitant, $160 additional for a 4 night stay. What really made matters worse, the lady during check in wasn't as welcoming as many had explained. Though, after and not letting cost solely form my opinion; this hotel has some great staff and people that make up for its short comings. The staff is comprised with some great people that truly care about the stay of there guests!! 1st is Chan, what a great smile and a man that truly cares about the guest experience and well being. One morning I was lagging behind my wife and daughter for breakfast as I wasn't feeling well and some massive bug bites (use spray, haha!!!). Chan asked my wife where I was and she explained, I then get to breakfast and Chan comes directly over asking if he can see my bites and asking how I feel and than wanted to go to the pharmacy on my behalf to make sure it wasn't anything serious (they weren't). From that morning forward he came by to check on me; Chan, I appreciate your sincerity and thank you for caring, it meant a lot. Xay is my next guy that went above and beyond. Xay exudes great professionalism in his role and was very understanding when we spoke of my displeasure of the situation, although he wasn't authorized to make a decision, he listened and throughout our stay he was another that was always wanting to make sure everything was in order. On our last night, the hotel does offer a sunset cruise. THough we didn't book early, after checking out the day before because we were leaving very early in the am; Xay set up the sunset cruise for us and walked us directly to the area himself. The whole time giving us info about Laos and also giving us some insight of living in Laos as a local. Xay, your service was tremendous and more than that, you personality really shines through and thats is such a great asset. My last person that really made our stay that much better was Wan, another great representative of the hotel. Wan accompanied us on our boat trip and he was very professional and personable; also giving us insight from a local and Wan was always greeting us every evening after a long day of sights. These 3 gentleman are the reasons that this hotel is ranked as high as it is. The hotel in itself is ok in mind but want makes it, is these great people that they employ.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear PhishyGuy,

Thank you for your feedback. I will look into your charges personally and get back to you. Thank you for taking time to note the exceptional service of our staff. Chan and Xay are indeed true ambassadors for our brand. For the reception clerk, we will implement another training session to ensure that each staff meets and exceeds our guest expectations.

Reviewed January 2, 2017

What can I say that others have not said other than it was a lovely stay. The staff were fantastic, location great, LP is very romantic- as is the hotel. Did I say it as "lovely"? Got a great deal on their website.....make sure you check it out.

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank GAM1707
BurasariGroup G, General Manager at Burasari Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

Dear Gam1707,

Thank you for your kind remarks.
Glad you took advantage of our web and direct booking offers!

Reviewed December 27, 2016

This place is up-to-date modern, stylish, classy, beautiful and the staff is helpful and friendly. They have a breakfast buffet with plenty to eat, and even a delicious drink on arrival. The room was amazing, air conditioned, and the bed was so relaxing. This is in a great location between rivers, near everything you want to see. Most of the temples are only one street north. Absolutely nothing wrong with this place or our stay. They even give you mosquito spray, which is really helpful in Laos.

Room tip: You might get a view of the river from the second floor, front side, but I'm sure any room is great.
Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank designtwin

Dear designtwin,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 23, 2016

This hotel breaks you out of the typical cookie cutter rooms into something truly the special. The room is well decorated, and absolutely adorable. The room felt special and customized with so many cute touches throughout. The vaulted ceilings were so nice! The bathroom is part of the bedroom, there is not a door separating the two. For us it was no problem, but I imagine some people prefer more privacy. The shower was the only part of the room I didn't like, it was quite small with a shower curtain that was sometimes challenging to keep closed.
The staff was very helpful. In particular, Tok, was very friendly and personable. We enjoyed the daily breakfast of made to order eggs and housemade yogurt. The hotel overlooks the river making for a very peaceful setting. The location is ideal as it is easy to walk to restaurants, the night market, and Phousi Hill. We did venture out on complimentary bicycles, but they could use a little maintenance.
We had a lovely stay at Burasari Heritage, I would stay there again!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Amanda J,

Thank you for your kind remarks. I will pass along your remarks to Mr. Tok, too, who is great ambassador for us!