“A lovely boutique hotel”

Le Sen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here - the staff were lovely & the rooms clean & comfortable. It was about a1km easy to walk into the historic area of Luangprabang, but there was also a complimentary shuttle service. The decor was beautiful & it had a lovely pool.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, but there were also rooms above us which I think would be nice as well.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Le Sen Boutique Hotel for 3 nights. We got a really great deal on Agoda and thought we could spoil ourselves after The Gibbon Experience in Bokeo!

We were not disappointed. Our airport transfer was reliable & as soon as we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with a welcome drink and shown to our gorgeous room. The hotel itself is presented beautifully and the rooms are really modern and clean, it was a breath of fresh air to stay here. The free wireless internet was also reliable and fast.

The staff were very helpful and professional in their dealings with us, especially the hotel manager who popped over to say hello to us while we were having dinner on our first night at the hotel. He assisted us with arranging tours and was really helpful with any questions we had and made us feel really welcome. The ladies at the front desk were always happy to assist with any queries we had and also made us feel very welcome. Both the reception staff and the hotel manager speak English well.

Le Sen have a free shuttle that they provide to go in and out of town morning and night. It is only a 15 minute walk to the night markets and the main strip of restaurants and bars though.

The breakfast alternates between buffet & a la carte, either option was more than sufficient and the service at the restaurant was great. They are very attentive. Lunch and dinner as per the menu is also really good with a selection of local and international food at reasonable prices.

Also, there is a great gym there, very well equipped.

We would not hesitate in booking at Le Sen next time. We felt so comfortable and welcome and the place is immaculate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Phouvilath S, Manager at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Clair,

Greeting from Le Sen boutique hotel!
We hope you are doing great back home.

Thank you for your visit to our hotel and your kindest comments.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wishing you all the best!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay. It's got great facilities but probably the best thing about it are the staff who are really helpful. It's also within easy walking distance of the town although the hotel do run a free shuttle bus. Bicycles are also available free of charge. We'd definitely go back again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the pool. If you like to sit outside your room at night I'd choose the one...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roger B

Warm greeting from Le Sn boutique hotel!

Thank you for your recent visit , your review and comments.
We are so delighted to know that our hotel is to your liking and satisfaction.

We wish you all the best and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Le Sen Hotel, and I must say that I enjoyed my stay a lot. The hotel itself featured an elegant and warm layout, which was user-friendly at the same time, and the whole staff--from check-in to housekeeping to breakfast service and then check-out --was friendly and courteous, which I presume must be the traditional Lao way of doing things. On top of that, their rates were very fair and reasonable. Therefore, I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone who happens to be visiting Luang Prabang, one of the best-kept secrets of Asia!!

Room Tip: If you are an active swimmer, then perhaps picking a room on the first floor would be best, as this...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PierreHsieh

Warm greeting from Le Sen boutique hotel!

We hope you get back home safe and sound. It is truly our pleasure to serve you. we are more than happy to know that our accommodation and service is to your liking and satisfaction.

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and your review and kindest comments.

We wish you the best and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This lovely, small hotel is beautiful place to stay in LP. The rooms, over 2 storeys, all face the courtyard and excellent pool.

We were collected at the airport, driven back at the end of our stay and had free use of bikes throughout our stay as well as a shuttle in and out of town whenever we wanted it.

Ls Sen is situated about 1.5km from the main centre but the above more than made up for it.

The rooms are spacious and the bathroom world standard. Breakfast was also included all for 68,000 kip per night.

The staff are amazingly friendly, helpful and accommodating.

Dear Joe,

We hope you are doing great back home!

We would like to express big thanks to you for your recent visit to Le Sen boutique hotel and your kindest comments. It is truly our pleasure to serve you.

With best regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Amazingly friendly and helpful staff at this little gem of a boutique hotel. It was an expensive treat for us on our first wedding anniversary after six months travelling but worth it. Beautiful grounds, refreshing pool and a seriously well equipped gym (not that we found time to use it!) Breakfast was a great buffet. Room was super comfy and well furnished. One of the only places we've come across that has an environmentally friendly policy regarding changing towels/sheets and actually sticks to it-well done. Bathroom was great with lovely rain shower, very welcome after our two day trek (they didn't bat an eyelid when we checked in covered in mud!!) Had our own sunlounger on the little patio outside our room right by the pool. Upstairs rooms had two wicker chairs and table. All rooms looked same from what we could see-all tastefully decorated. Laundry service v.expensive-get it done in town for 10,000kip/kg instead. Handy and effective shuttle bus into town and back. Free decent WiFi. If you're looking for a beautiful, relaxing, special place to stay, look no further.

• Stayed: August 2013

Warm greeting from Le Sen boutique hotel!

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are so glad that our accommodation and service is to your liking as we always consider your satisfaction as our top priority.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had email contact before I arrived and all my requests were met by the very attentive and happy staff. The Manageress is charming and very helpful as is the owner and the rest of the staff. I only went for breakfast once and frankly that is not much to write one about. The room service food is nice and reasonably priced. The Villa room is lovely and private but remember to lock the door or you may, as I did, have a staff member peering through the curtain when you least expect it. Nothing sinister I think he thought we were out but it did make me then find out the outside door to the Villa locks from the guest side, no problems after that. The jacuzzi bath and shower are both outside , sounds a little odd but its lovely. This is a lovely Hotel and I will return as much for the staff as anything else.I had email contact before I arrived and all my requests were met by the very attentive and happy staff. The Manageress is charming and very helpful as is the owner and the rest of the staff. I only went for breakfast once and frankly that is not much to write one about. The room service food is nice and reasonably priced. The Villa room is lovely and private but remember to lock the door or you may, as I did, have a staff member peering through the curtain when you least expect it. Nothing sinister I think he thought we were out but it did make me then find out the outside door to the Villa locks from the guest side, no problems after that. The jacuzzi bath and shower are both outside , sounds a little odd but its lovely. This is a lovely Hotel and I will return as much for the staff as anything else.I had email contact before I arrived and all my requests were met by the very attentive and happy staff. The Manageress is charming and very helpful as is the owner and the rest of the staff. I only went for breakfast once and frankly that is not much to write one about. The room service food is nice and reasonably priced. The Villa room is lovely and private but remember to lock the door or you may, as I did, have a staff member peering through the curtain when you least expect it. Nothing sinister I think he thought we were out but it did make me then find out the outside door to the Villa locks from the guest side, no problems after that. The jacuzzi bath and shower are both outside , sounds a little odd but its lovely. This is a lovely Hotel and I will return as much for the staff as anything else.

Room Tip: The best you can afford, run to the Villa if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Warm greeting from Le Sen boutique hotel!

Thank you so much for your recent visit to our hotel. Also, thanks alot for your review and comments. We are so delighted to serve you and be part of your holiday.