“Bliss, Happiness and Contentment”

Le Sen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Bangkok, Thailand
“Bliss, Happiness and Contentment”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

A great little hideaway that is perfect for family couples and single travelers. If you are looking for a luxury holiday that is value for money, I think Le Sen boutique hotel is the perfect package. This is my second time visiting Luang Prabang, and first time staying at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, and I must say I do not remember the hotel I stayed in my first trip. The hotel rooms, amenities, staff and service were incomparable. The staff members at Le Sen were attentive, efficient, friendly and helpful throughout the duration of our stay. The front desk has helped us arrange transportation, recommending outdoor excursions and restaurants; it makes the trip all too easy.

I Love the breakfast with the pool view, it’s very relaxing. Plus with the free wifi throughout the hotel, it helps keep us updated with the real world. I didn’t get to try the room service though I love the menu selections and the price of the items. I would definitely go there again, because like I said, it’s the perfect package.

Room Tip: If you book the rooms in advance and tell them its for a special occasion, they might upgrade you to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jen Hao C
Dalasone S, Consultant at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
.... a sincere and nice comments all the way from Bangkok.

All our team is joining me to thank you for appreciating our effort and service.

All the best Jen.

Joffrey GRIS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vientiane, Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at Le Sen twice; first time for two nights beginning of Nov and second time for four nights beginning of Dec. Both experiences are just lovingly perfect: my first trip was for holiday-work with three friends and my second trip was for special holidays.

For my several trips to Luang Prabang and have stayed in many hotels at the same stars, I highly recommend Le Sen for the following special reasons:

Design/ambience: at Le Sen, I could feel that all little attentions were paid to every single detail especially the layout, the design (both exterior and interior), the functions, and the overall atmosphere. Traditional design fits so well with the local village surrounded it. You could still hear some chickens cocking their throats in the morning which I really like. The night at Le Sen is really special too, from almost every room balcony (from the swimming pool and from the restaurant too), you could see the sky full of stars (November/December sky, I am talking about) and the moon (the day I was there, the moon was almost a full one and very pretty). It is feeling like you are sleeping in a well-designed and best-functioned hotel while feeling a bit local and close to nature.

Exterior/Interior is industrial sense perfectly blended with some traditional design. There is no hotel like this in Luang Prabang that gives you just this perfect combination feelings. If you are into someone’s passion in design and hospitality business, Le Sen is truly one of a kind.

Service: all the staff members, despite being quite new, are attentive to all their guests, welcoming with their willingness and enthusiasm to service. Their smile, their eyes of welcoming and their politeness are my favourite.

Food/facility: the restaurant added to the charm of the hotel. An open terrace restaurant, by a small natural pond, against a water wall, beneath a bamboo sky-high blind, gives a sense of peacefulness and privacy (hence, romantic). The menu is full of Luang Prabang specialties and the chef is just fabulous. Breakfast, especially, is so special – small but a good combination of western and Asian favourites. According to the owner, the fitness is on the way and will be ready by end of the year, this includes saunas.

Location: located about 10mins on a bike from the city, hidden in a local community. Close by is a Wat Manorom. I could not like more of the location, if you like a real sense of Luang Prabang local commune, while at reach to the city.

Just simply perfect!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dalasone S, Consultant at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thanks Khun Pann...we really do appreciate the fact that you have visisted us 2 times already and recomended our property to your friends.

Thanks for taking the time to describes your experience among us and glad that all went well.

On our side, we are very pleased to have you stayed with us and we can just wish that you will visit us again soon.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed four nights last week at Le Sen with our two young children and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We highly recommend their larger rooms for families with children. The rooms were very comfortable and nicely equipped.

The staff were all very kind and took such good care of us, often giving us great advice about where to eat and what to visit.

The look of the hotel is also a visual treat- an attractive blend of modern design touches, with natural tones and textures, without sacrificing local cultural charm and form. The pool is pleasant both for a refreshing dip after sightseeing or simply to gaze out on from your private terrace.

The location may not be super central, but it's certainly not out of the way. The shuttle bus spoils you with easy access to the old town center, but you're still sufficiently in the middle of LP to enjoy the lovely energy of this captivating town... and you're still within strolling distance of some interesting temples and local dining.

We recommend this hotel without hesitation!

Room Tip: All rooms have an equally good view, but only the rooms on the ground floor have their own sunbeds w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dalasone S, Consultant at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Family are aways welcome to stay with us. Best option as you chossen. The Executive suite or the Villa.

Thanks to you for bringing to us your joy and happniess well shared with our team.

All the best of luck with your long Holiday until your next challenge...somewhere in Africa!

Joffrey Gris
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I just loved everything about the hotel (literally everything!!), and I will definitely go back to Le Sen!!

I brought my family to Luang Prabang to have a quiet, relaxing holiday (for 2 nights), and I am so glad that I stayed at Le Sen, which was one of the BEST and MEMORABLE hotels that I've ever been to. The design of the hotel is just exceptional (I couldnt stop taking photos of the hotel!!). It seems like the hotel is designed by a professioal designer or something. Rooms, restaurant, swimming pool, and reception areas are just fantastic. Not to mention about its personalised customer service.. Every single staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone was welcoming us with a big~ big~ smile throughout the entire stay! Also, what I really liked about the hotel is its location. The hotel is about 5~10 min away from the city center, and so we had a chance to see and feel the local areas. Also, the hotel organized a free shuttle bus to the city center for us, and so we didn't really have trouble going in and out of the city center.

Le Sen is by far one of the best hotels I could imagine, and, in fact, the overall experience went way beyond my expectations. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone who likes to have a memorable holiday in Luang Prabang. Two thumbs up!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The private VILLA is something that you must try!! It is just great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JMLee8283
Dalasone S, Manager at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
What a beautiful treat to take your parents all over to Luang Prabang from South Korea.

It was again a great pleasure to have you with us and trying both room category....and a pleasure to see yourself and your family having an amazing time here with us.

All the best back home!

Joffrey Gris
London
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I don't have enough superlatives to describe just how good this hotel is. Recently opened, Le Sen is about 10 minutes from the centre of Luang Prabang which gives it a pleasant sense of tranquility without being too far from the main goings on in the town centre.

The hotel is a series of villas centred around a beautiful swimming pool with lush gardens. As you walk in to the reception area it's instantly clear that the hotel has been put together by someone with a design eye and an attention to detail. Staff all friendly and professional and couldn't do enough. My room was cool, clean and stylish and all 5 nights I stayed I slept really, really well. Breakfast was plentiful and imaginative on the terrace restaurant and a real bonus is the free shuttle bus into town.

Thank you for an excellent stay and I wish you all the very best of luck.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank marcmorrell
Dalasone S, Manager at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Marc it was indeed a great pleasure to have you staying with us. At this stage of the Hotel and level of the team. It is extremenly encouraging and rewarding to get such a great feed back from.

Thanks Marc and all the best back in the UK.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We loved everything about our recent stay at Le Sen Boutique hotel. The room (executive suite) was very spacious with a cool contemporary design. The grounds are charming, in particular the serene pool area in the middle of the complex which was perfect for relaxing and cooling down. There is also a lovely area for breakfast, which has very tasty Western and Asian options. The hotel is not in the centre of town, but there is a shuttle service or alternatively a pleasant stroll or cycle through quiet streets admiring Lao architecture. We could also easily get a tuk tuk home and the staff kindly wrote directions for us in Lao so we could show our tuk tuk driver (since it is a new hotel not all the drivers know its location). For the quality of the room and service it was great value for money.

Above all it was the staff at Le Sen that made our experience so memorable. The service was really personalised and all staff went out of their way to make us comfortable and welcome, often going over and above what I would have expected. When it came time to go I felt sad to leave and I am seriously considering another trip to bring other family members to Luang Prabang and specifically Le Sen. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive suites are spacious with a double shower, in-room jacuzzi and separate seating area and po...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mySEAtravels
Dalasone S, Manager at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
What a real pleasure to get some great feed back after been open for 20 days.

You were our first guest staying in our Suite and it was indeed a pleasure to have you with us...All the best back in Malaysia!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Le sen really is your home away from home. When my husband and I checked into this hotel we were instantly impressed by the personal service and Look of the hotel. We arrived after a long motorcycle ride from nong khiaw and couldn't have asked for a better place to unwind. The rooms are clean and modern with our back door opening out into the pool area. We were treated like we were the only guests in the hotel and all the staff went an extra mile for us. Amazing value for money. Highly recommended. Thanks le sen for a memorable experience in luang prabang

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank alanamarz
Dalasone S, Manager at Le Sen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
It was a real pleasure to see you and your husband having such a great time being with us.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.....regards,