All reviews garden wing night market in town swimming pool lovely hotel hotel manager buffet breakfast restaurant staff our honeymoon each evening small hotel nice pool boutique hotel an oasis the main street large balcony short stroll
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel offers great location as it is located in a downtown area with only 5 minutes to walk to the famous night market. The iconic temple is also pretty close by. Within the hotel proximity there are many coffee shops and I truly feel the sense of local touch...

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My visit to Maison Souvannaphoum this first time makes me feel stress free. A minute I arrived at airport, I was greet by hotel representative who smiled and helped me with luggage. Very short time to hotel, I became know several local and historical places along the way to hotel while enjoying my welcome drink (bale juice mixed with honey)which served in a transfer. It is so refresh and I love most. Upon arrival, the local welcoming ceremony with good blessing let the experience start up like warm welcome. During one night, my bed was lovely decorated which I couldn’t deny to take photo and personal said thank you to the staff who spent time to set it up for me. So sad, I have no time for swimming pool. It is just pretty to jump in. All in all, I recommend to try and you will like it as I like it too.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2019

We enjoyed our stay in Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel in the south of the town - a good, but probably not the preferred location for your stay in Luang Prabang (reaching most of the restaurants require you to pass through the night market). This colonial property has retained most of its charming atmosphere and old rooms (they are therefore not so large). It has been partly renovated (nice functional bath rooms and a couple of stylish details). There is a decent pool and a nice breakfast area. Breakfast itself is good. However, the ongoing management and maintenance of the property, including the gardening, could be improved to make La Maison a shining beauty.

Date of stay: August 2019
WattanaI4, Hotel Manager at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Sabaidee DavidWorldTravel,

Your appreciation of our hotel facilities and of our team is truly heartwarming and we are all truly inspired by your comments to continue to strive to offer even better service to our guests in the future.

Thanks for choosing to stay at our Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel and we have taken noted on the valued comment on the maintenance and landscaping that we expect to get them completed by end of this September. We hope to be able to create a memorable experience for you again when you next return to stay with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

It was a very nice stay. The hotel is beautiful, with a garden. The staff does the best to accommodate and help the guests. I have highly appreciated the comfort of the very large beds. The rooms had a styled furniture.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Sabaidee Hadi R,

Along with the team of Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel on your recent visit to Luang Prabang.

Also, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay and the great recommendation for our Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel. We are all most delighted to know that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We have already shared your feedback with the team and we are all overwhelmed with it and gain more energy to continue our legendary services.

Please do come back and stay again next time you are in Luang Prabang.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

comfortable rooms but things are looking old. Rooms rather dark. Breakfast - small variety. Not clean. Lots of flies hovering above and on food! Staff very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out a breeze.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Sabaidee susancL3600SI,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel and for taking the time to write constructive feedback about your recent experience.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us the energy to continue the legendary service for your satisfaction once we meet again in the future.

We have taken note of your feedback which you felt fell short of your expectations; please be assured that your thoughts have been shared with the concerned department heads who will see to it that improvements be made as necessary.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel by Angsana. The team and I look forward to having you back in a not too distant future.