I have read the other reviews of this hotel and I don't think they stayed at the same hotel we did. We had a wonderful time. The staff were great, the room was excellent, the balcony was huge, lots of large wicker furniture with soft cushions, a view over the pool and the well maintained gardens. Breakfast was great, lots of choices and an egg station where the cook could whip up eggs any way you like. The decor in the room was beautiful with a canopy over the bed and art objects on the walls and around the room. Yes the bathroom had a shower only and water did tend to get all over but you stood on two lage flat concrete slabs not on the stones which surrounded the slabs. We enjoyed it so I do not know why others seemed to have a problem. Yes it was expensive compared to other hotels in Laos, Cambodia or Thailand. We were there during the new years celebrations, so it was high season. The pool was great lots of loungers and fresh towels placed on each lounger. The pool was quite large enough for a 25 room hotel. We always found loungers available. Every time we travel in southeast asia we take mosquito coils and use them on the terrace or balcony. We lit them on our first evening. The next evening the lady that provided the evening turn down service had got more and when we returned from dinner in town we found she had them burning on the balcony to keep any bugs away so we could enjoy our late night cocktails on the balcony bug free. She also brought a silver bucket of ice cubes for your room and lighted a candle under scented oil so when you opened your door there was a lovely smell of flowers in your room. We thought the price was worth every penny we spent. As far as the one dollar charge per night for the hotels conservation program it is strictly voluntary. If you do not wnat to contribute just tell them. All in all we had a wonderful time and would recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel by Angsana is a boutique luxury hotel in the heart of Luang Prabang, Laos. It's the perfect retreat for the modern traveller seeking style and authenticity. Once the residence of the late Prince Souvanna Phouma, the mansion is an elegant blend of French colonial architecture and Lao motifs with the addition of all the modern comforts. The hotel is an 8-minute walk to the town centre - close the sights, night market, restaurants, bars and river, but away from the bustle and noise. Cool off in the pool, enjoy a drink in the garden, or unwind at the Angsana Spa after a long day of sightseeing. Our attentive staff are always on hand to meet your every need with warm, personalized service. The rooms and grounds are designed to be your home away from home. Maison Souvannaphoum is your private oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Souvannaphoum Luang Prabang
- Hotel Maison Souvannaphoum