Lowest prices for your stay
$64
Priceline$60
Booking.com$62
getaroom.com$111
1,047 results
All reviews angsana spa night market lovely hotel three nights spent nights stay in luang prabang prince laos residence lpb
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2012

From the moment we arrived to be greeted with lovely cold drinks and charming staff to the moment we left we had a beautiful, relaxing and calming time. Hotel in great location a few minutes walk to town, next to wonderful temples, the market and the river. The hotel has a lovely intimate feel and has all the facilities of a larger property. Staff here under the excellent manager Serge were all highly trained, friendly, helpful and charming. Food and drinks excellent. Spa treatments superb. The whole hotel spotlessly clean. Yes, you could say we loved our few days here and would definitely come back if we could. A lovely experience.

Room tip: We stayed in the garden wing on the ground floor with a lovely balcony. There are some rooms in the main building but I did not see them. We were very happy in our room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
BTGroup, Hotel Manager at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear CarlyEve1

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback which I have read with great interest joy! It is great to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and services and that we were able to contribute to a delightful holiday in Luang Prabang. I have certainly not missed to pass on your kind words to all of the team here and especially our food & beverage team as well the our ladies in the SPA were very happy to have received such high praise from your good self.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Maison Souvannaphoum and in the meantime I wish you a good day and all the very best!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We arrived after a two day trip down the Mekong and what a lovely surprise.Situated within very easy walking distance from the town and it's famous night market,the welcome was warm and very genuine.The small number of rooms give it a nice feel in that you get to know your fellow travellers quickly and the rooms themselves were nicely furnished.The bathrooms were particularly pleasant and with a balcony outside your room,there is ample space to just enjoy the gardens which sit beside a very nice pool.
My wife was not very well for one day and the staff could not have been more helpful in bringing juices etc to her bedroom.It made the problem very small indeed.
It is very easy to get tuk tuks from the hotel and they will assist with how to go about this on your first day.After that,it was simple and the lovely people of Laos make it even easier.If we return some day,I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.Thoroughly recommended.

Room tip: They are all good but if you like being upstairs( only two floors),then say so.Perhaps be aware that if you do not like being exposed to the afternoon sun,then ask for rooms towards the left of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank iandavidknights

Dear iandavidknights

I trust you have had an uneventful journey back to Newcastle and hope that your wife is feeling 100% well again now.

On behalf of my team here, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for kindly having taken the time to write your review here on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read that you found our facilities and services to be commendable and that you felt well taken care of by our associates. I could not agree more: Lao People are indeed genuinely warm and friendly people which are somewhat rare virtues these days. Thank you so much for your kind praise which I have gladly shared with everyone here at Maison Souvannaphoum.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This delightful, peaceful hotel was the home of the Prince of Laos and has been sensitively converted in to a luxurious hotel.
We stayed on the 2nd floor overlooking the hotel gardens with a large, nicely furnished balcony to relax in.
We also received a lovely, complimentary 'happy honeymoon' cake in our room after management discovered that my boyfriend and I were on our first proper holiday together.
Our room was beautifully laid out with a large, comfortable bed and bedding; subtle lighting; modern bathroom fittings and large towels; dressing gowns and slippers.
The modest room price included: free toiletries, fruits, coffee, tea, water, room safe and wi-fi.
Scented, heated oil aroma burner and incense stick making the room lovely and fragrant.
The reception staff were both efficient, helpful and very welcoming.
The restaurant staff served an inclusive a-la-carte breakfast both promptly and efficiently.
Half price drinks from the pool-side bar in the afternoon made this a delightful respite from the buzzle of down-town Luang Prabang, which was only a short walk away.
Frequent, cheap, tuk-tuks passed by the front gates for any longer trips.
Thoroughly recommended and I look forward to a return visit.

Room tip: 2nd floor room overlooking the gardens for nice greenery, while relaxing on the balcony.
1  Thank David C

Dear aslimversgwm,

It is with great joy that I am reading your account of your recent visit to Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel. Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor. It is wonderful to read that you were able to appreciate the historic background of our Hotel and its surrounding grounds. I am also very happy to learn that you did like our room amenities and that the small touches did make a difference during your stay with us.

I truly hope that you and your partner will be able to visit us again in the future as we would be delighted to be of service to you yet again.

In the meantime, I wish you a good day and all the very best!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This resort had a lovely atmosphere to come back to and welcoming staff. It is very close to the centre of town and the night market yet peaceful. A lovely swimming pool and half price happy hour for their excellent cocktails. Breakfast was a la carte and excellent.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms are convenient for the pool.
1  Thank Janice186338

Dear Janice186938,

Please kindly allow me to first and foremost thank you for having chosen Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel as your preferred place to stay on your recent vacation in Luang Prabang. I am glad to know that you found Maison Souvannaphoum’s location, our pool and breakfast to be delightful. Further, our pool waiters were very happy to have received such good feedback on the drinks they have prepared for your good self. Also on their behalf – thank you very much for your kind encouragement.

I hope you will have the chance to visit Luang Prabang again in the future and we would on such occasion be delighted to welcoming you back!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

An attractive hotel in lovely grounds, just a short walk away from the main street. Our room was large, light and airy and there was a pleasant pool/bar area that provided a welcome oasis at the end of a day's sightseeing. The hotel was spotlessly clean with the most helpful, charming team of staff who did everything they could to make our stay special.

Room tip: We had a deluxe garden room which was lovely and overlooked the gardens and pool
Date of stay: October 2012

Dear TJ711,

I trust you have had a smooth and uneventful journey back to the UK.

Thank you ever so much for having taken the time to share your holiday experience here on Tripadvisor. On behalf of my entire team here - thank you very much for your praise and kind words. We are glad to have been able to make your stay here in Luang Prabang memorable and special and would be delighted to welcoming you back again in the future.

Please trust that we shall certainly not rest on our laurels and make every effort possible to keep our grounds and facilities pleasant and enjoyable as you have found them on your recent visit to Maison Souvannaphoum.

I wish you a good day!