This hotel is truly special. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel completely at home by the friendly staff. We were warmly greeted at the entrance by Serge (Hotel Manager) and Buddy (the hotel parakeet) and given complimentary drinks and snacks. Immediately you are made to relax and feel welcome. The staff are helpful and full of information about Luang Prabang. The hotel offers plenty of activities (bike hire, cooking classes, spa, day trips etc). It is excellently located as it is only about 5 minutes away from the markets and some great little shops and restaurants. You can easily walk to the Mekong if you want to take a boat trip. The rooms are great with views overlooking the garden and balconies to enjoy the garden view. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and ate in the restaurant on the first night. We had 3 courses each and drinks for less than £30. It is great value! The food and cocktails were great. We were really impressed. On the second night we went to the BBQ which include free-flow beer laos, a pasta buffet, a salad buffet, various meats on the BBQ, deserts etc…all for the price of around £12 per person. Again, the food was excellent and it was brilliant value for money. The atmosphere at the BBQ was great. Loads of locals attended and we all played the local game (Petanque). It was friendly competition, everyone got involved and we met some great people over our free-flow beers! The hotel is great, Luang Prabang is lovely…we definitely want to go back for longer based on our experience. I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel by Angsana is a boutique luxury hotel in the heart of Luang Prabang, Laos. It's the perfect retreat for the modern traveller seeking style and authenticity. Once the residence of the late Prince Souvanna Phouma, the mansion is an elegant blend of French colonial architecture and Lao motifs with the addition of all the modern comforts. The hotel is an 8-minute walk to the town centre - close the sights, night market, restaurants, bars and river, but away from the bustle and noise. Cool off in the pool, enjoy a drink in the garden, or unwind at the Angsana Spa after a long day of sightseeing. Our attentive staff are always on hand to meet your every need with warm, personalized service. The rooms and grounds are designed to be your home away from home. Maison Souvannaphoum is your private oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Souvannaphoum Luang Prabang
- Hotel Maison Souvannaphoum