Luang Prabang has this charming and unspoilt beauty. It was different from my expectation. This Hotel was highly recommended by friends, who were charmed by it's personal, intimate and yet professional service.
I was not disappointed.
The hotel looks more like a residence, a mansion. A large garden greeted me on the front. There was also a decent size swimming pool - which I was too busy exploring the site to use.
According to the staff, the hotel was previously the residence of Prince Souvannaphoum. I was supposedly booked into 1 of the rooms in the main mansion. The furnishing was quaint, old-fashioned but princely. For the price, the accommodation and the wonderful service from the staff was well-worth it. I was one of the priviledge guests to be able to use their newly arrived bicycle to explore the city. At no extra charge.
As the location was central, I could safely walk to the night market about 5 minutes away. The hotel staff came early one morning at 5.30am to guide me on offering alms to some tens of monks that marches past the hotel every morning on their way to the main temple. Awesome experience.
Expect to have the staff patiently chat with you, and provide you with local tips on what activities and venue is key to visit in the city. The hotel manager would greet me in the morning and expects to hear my experiences of the day prior.
It did feel like home.
Will be returning with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel by Angsana is a boutique luxury hotel in the heart of Luang Prabang, Laos. It's the perfect retreat for the modern traveller seeking style and authenticity. Once the residence of the late Prince Souvanna Phouma, the mansion is an elegant blend of French colonial architecture and Lao motifs with the addition of all the modern comforts. The hotel is an 8-minute walk to the town centre - close the sights, night market, restaurants, bars and river, but away from the bustle and noise. Cool off in the pool, enjoy a drink in the garden, or unwind at the Angsana Spa after a long day of sightseeing. Our attentive staff are always on hand to meet your every need with warm, personalized service. The rooms and grounds are designed to be your home away from home. Maison Souvannaphoum is your private oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Souvannaphoum Luang Prabang
- Hotel Maison Souvannaphoum