Rattana Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Indigo House(Luang Prabang)
  • Breakfast included
AVANI+ Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
Villa Meuang Lao(Luang Prabang)
  • Restaurant
Amantaka(Luang Prabang)
L'hotel Souvannaphoum(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
Maison Dalabua Hotel(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat location and nice staffnight marketwooden buildinglovely guesthousetwin roomthe riverstayed here for nightsbreakfast is servedlaundry servicehot waterlplaostvlaneguesthouses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent three nights in this guest house and were very pleased with the convenient yet quiet location. We paid over the odds for rooms but I had booked these in advance as we are a family of six and I wanted to be sure of accommodation. Other people who took over our room paid $13 a night so be prepared to bargain. The free wifi was well used, as was the seating area upstairs, great shelter from rain showers which were plentiful. We hires motorbikes from the guest house and these were reasonably priced and of a good standard. The staff were really helpful and kind, and I would happily recommend this guesthouse if you are staying in Luang Prabang.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Madcow4762
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This hotel is a very clean one with friendly staff, always ready to help the guests. It is also situated in the old city and hence near to all the attractions. It is in a small alley just away from the hustle and bustle of the main street. The price is very reasonable. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ipsita M
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Friendly staff and a great location make this guest house a good place to stay. Skip the breakfast and instead eat at Jo Ma Cafe up the street. They clean your room everyday and provide you will clean towels and free drinking water.

Bicycle and motorcycle rentals, as well s tour booking are available (be sure to ask about the Living Land Company!).

Room Tip: The concrete rooms are quieter!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My friend & I had just a night in Lunag Prabang this time and I again decided for us to stay at Rattana Guesthouse. We had large fan rooms that were only US$14 per night, quite a bargian in this town. The rooms had TV, hot water shower, free drinking water, large double bed. Ms Rattana also works for a travel agency so I had her hire a mini-van for us for the next 2 days. The guesthouse is located on a quiet sidestreet around the corner form JOMA coffee, a one-minute walk from both the riverside and the night market.

Room Tip: Fan rooms are comfy enough for me but if you need A/C, get the nice double rooms upstairs with the little balcony(shared).
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maneki-neko
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The location is excellent, close to the main street and night market, and close to the river. The staff were very friendly too.

When we first arrived we were put in the concrete house, despite my having specifically booked a room in the wooden house far in advance. We were in the room with the private bathroom across the hall, and the shared balcony. The bathroom toilet did not flush properly, and the fact that it was across the hall meant you had to get dressed before using it. All of the other rooms on the floor seemed to have a private ensuite bathroom except for us. The shared balcony was also a problem because of the noisy and messy couple we were sharing it with.

We eventually were switched to the wooden house. The room here was much nicer and had an ensuite bathroom. However, every morning at 7:00 AM, somebody across the street would do laundry and it was super noisy in our room (even with windows closed). It sounded like somebody grinding a rusty oil drum against rocks (and who knows...maybe that's what was happening).

I would probably try to stay somewhere else next time. If I did stay at this place again, I would confirm my reservation by email the day before and the day of to make sure I get a room in the wooden house, and to make sure they don't give my room to someone else again.

Room Tip: Take the wooden house if you can. If you end up in the concrete house, avoid the room with the private bathroom across the hall.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple