We booked our trip to Thailand and Laos last year and it has been with anticipation that we have been following the reviews on Tripadvisor. To be honest, we arrived expecting a bit of chaos, no management and more.......... what a pleasant surprise was waiting for us.
We were met by the new South African manager and over our 4 day stay watched her interact with staff and guests alike - so much energy and care we have not often seen in a manager - just hope she can keep it up as she obviously works long hours. The welcome drink was an interesting mixture made from fresh local flowers and the cold towel with lemongrass was cool and refreshing.
Our room was beautiful, overlooking the outdoor restaurant and the street. Plush linens on the most comfortable bed you can imagine and we found the room spotlessly clean and well maintained.
The front office staff put effort in to make sure all our needs were taken care of. They called our guide to change appointment times on several occasions, served afternoon tea and coffee on our verandah and offered to make restaurant reservations for us. We dined at both the famous 3 Nagas restaurant with it's interesting and tasty Lao menu and the outdoor restaurant when we just felt like good old fasioned pizzas. Service was a little slow, but we realise it takes time to prepare good food.
We will recommend this hotel to anyone who can appreciate the architecture of buildings that are over 100 years old and was then lovingly restored to UNESCO standards, people who enjoy good food and want to be close to town.
We will be back................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel is a small charming boutique hotel comprising three restored historic UNESCO World Heritage buildings more than a century old. The hotel is ideally located in the towns Old Quarter, just a short walking distance from the major tourist attractions, on the path of the morning alms-giving procession. High ceilings, exotic dark wooden floors, four-poster beds, silk fabrics and traditional weavings ooze elegance, style and character. A beautiful courtyard garden beside the Nam Khan River plus an acclaimed fine dining restaurant, serving exquisite Laotion food, make this hotel the perfect place to relax and enjoy the serene Lao lifestyle. The hotel's intimate collection of 15 rooms and suites each blend space, luxury and exquisite charm, exuding a warm and inviting ambiance amid the tranquil surroundings. Eight rooms are located in The Khamboua House, a jewel of traditional Lao architecture. Built in 1903, it opens onto a beautiful garden edging the Nam Khan River, from where you can glimpse the serene Lao lifestyle. The other seven rooms are located in The Lamache House, built originally in 1898 to host the Royal Court. The house was restored using traditional techniques and materials, indulging guests in a truly authentic stay in this charming historical town. The hotel guests are invited to use these facilities at our 5-star sister resort, Sofitel Luang Prabang, located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Nagas Hotel Luang Prabang
- Les 3 Nagas Luang Prabang
- Les 3 Nagas Hotel