Nestled in the heart of laid-back Luang Prabang, the 3 Nagas is an absolute gem. We stayed in the delightful rooms in the beautiful early twentieth colonial-style building on the other side of the road from the main block. The rooms are large, comfortable and scrupulously clean, looking out onto an immaculate garden, and well positioned for the famous morning alms ceremony, night market, temples, and restaurants overlooking the Mekong.
As others have noted, the amount of road noise throughout the night is quite surprising for such a quiet place. While it’s not helped by the visible gaps in the doors and windows, the soporific drone of the air conditioning overcomes much of it. It’s also possible to hear your neighbours in the bathroom. If you stay here you should be aware it’s not going to be like a big name chain hotel but the positives of such a local boutique hotel far outweigh the odd quirk.
Breakfast every morning was varied and excellent, and lunch was equally satisfying. Evening cocktails were pretty good if you like them sweet / fruity and all the food and drink was reasonably priced.
3 Nagas is very pricey, even compared with the US, and as mentioned both our rooms were noisy, but all things considered the hotel and the extremely friendly service in aggregate create a genuinely relaxing and memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel is a small charming boutique hotel comprising three restored historic UNESCO World Heritage buildings more than a century old. The hotel is ideally located in the towns Old Quarter, just a short walking distance from the major tourist attractions, on the path of the morning alms-giving procession. High ceilings, exotic dark wooden floors, four-poster beds, silk fabrics and traditional weavings ooze elegance, style and character. A beautiful courtyard garden beside the Nam Khan River plus an acclaimed fine dining restaurant, serving exquisite Laotion food, make this hotel the perfect place to relax and enjoy the serene Lao lifestyle. The hotel's intimate collection of 15 rooms and suites each blend space, luxury and exquisite charm, exuding a warm and inviting ambiance amid the tranquil surroundings. Eight rooms are located in The Khamboua House, a jewel of traditional Lao architecture. Built in 1903, it opens onto a beautiful garden edging the Nam Khan River, from where you can glimpse the serene Lao lifestyle. The other seven rooms are located in The Lamache House, built originally in 1898 to host the Royal Court. The house was restored using traditional techniques and materials, indulging guests in a truly authentic stay in this charming historical town. The hotel guests are invited to use these facilities at our 5-star sister resort, Sofitel Luang Prabang, located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Nagas Hotel Luang Prabang
- Les 3 Nagas Luang Prabang
- Les 3 Nagas Hotel