“Lovely Place Lovely Hotel”

Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in November, though part of a small group I was solo if that makes sense .Luang Prabang is a truly lovely friendly & safe place . So is the hotel, the rooms are large ,well equipped 4 poster very comfortable bed & a huge bathroom, with a little area to sit outside your own room. All I could want for 3 nights sight seeing. Have read negative comments about the room safety of this hotel, I have to say that I travelled with iPhone, ipad & camera, yes I locked them in the room safe every time I was not in the room that is what the safe is for your personal peace of mind. The staff were wonderful friendly & helpful, even organised a tour for me when I had been let down, they could not do enough to help. food good you can sit outside & watch the world go by. I would recommend this hotel & go back , I really enjoyed my stay in this lovely country.Please remember this is a small hotel so does not have pool or fitness room, if you want this its not your hotel,,but it is my number one choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kirsty D, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Lola008,

Sabaidee and Merry Christmas from 3 Nagas! Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and for staying with us during your time in Luang Prabang. We are only a tiny hotel as you stated but have a unique and interesting past of our own, if only our walls could talk they would herald many special moments in history.

I will be sure to thank the team for the wonderful attention they paid, and for your acknowledgment of them.

Please do feel free to visit us again, we would be delighted to have you return and experience all the more that Luang Prabang has to offer.

Until then, very best wishes from all of us at 3 Nagas and Happy New Year!

Kirsty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Not only did we love the laid-back, warm and welcoming experience we had in Luang Prabang, but the icing on the cake was our wonderful hotel. 3 Nagas is luxurious, but not over-the-top. It blends in with the local "vibe", but treats each guest like a VIP. The staff is gracious and friendly. Noy and Marko were part of the management team that made sure we had everything we needed during our stay. And, all we can say is that we can't wait to go back and spend more time. This destination is not to be missed if you are traveling in SE Asia.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anniegbalto
Kirsty D, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear anniebalto,

Sabaidee and warm greetings from 3 Nagas! Thank you for your generous review of our hotel and I am thrilled that we were the ‘ice on the cake’. Gracious and friendly is a lovely description of the team, I totally agree and further also know it lends itself to the people of Laos in general. We are a destination not to be missed and should be on everybody’s bucket list for sure.

Please do return and allow us to welcome you back the our hotel, it will be our sincere pleasure.

Until then safe travels where ever they may lead.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. We had a slight problem with our room and the Manager Marco quickly remedied the situation and moved us across the road to another room. Beds were incredibly comfortable and the room very quiet. The hotel is well positioned for the Alms ritual. Please make the time to wake early and see this. Very nice little boutique hotel but the addition of tea and coffee in the rooms would be welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room across from the road from reception. These seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kerryn P
Dear Kerryn P,

Sabaidee and warm greetings from 3 Nagas. Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and please, allow me to apologize for the initial issue with your room, I am pleased that Marko was able to sort for you and the balance of your stay was as expected.

Point noted for the tea and coffee, we will take under advisement and appreciate the suggestion.

Wishing all the very best where ever your next travels may take you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. This was my fourth time in Luang Prabang, but 1st time here.
3 Nagas hotel was amazing. The bed is super comfy with these great feather pillows. We stayed in the building opposite the lobby. It was quiet, We overslept and never even heard the alms procession.
This is my hotel of choice when I come back. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank swaldman111
Dear swaldman111,

You are clearly a Luang Prabang fan and one of the lucky ones that has had the chance to return again and again. We may seem like a sleepy little village but there is so much more to do than first meets the eye and more you return the more there is to explore.

Feel free to ask for me personally when you next return, very happy to have you back.

Until then safe travels where ever they may lead - Kirsty
Jackson Heights, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel was one of the best we've stayed at and was quite a surprise considering the price. Started at the curb with a very welcoming service, staff was very attentive but not too much. Restaurant at the hotel was one of the best in town where the town has a lot of good restaurants. Staff was very knowledgable. Room decor and layout made us feel like we were in a fine SE Asia home. No TV, which is no problem for us, but probably misses someone else's box. Everything else was Five Star including the nightly turn down local treat. Even checking out, they were attentive enough to anticipate our needs, for a early morning car and even a boxed breakfast for the road without us even asking. Beyond the outstanding service, it's well located centrally in the historic area, still relatively quiet and the monks morning alms passes right in front of the hotel if that interests you. The hotel will even sale for a small fee a package of food for you to give the monks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David T
Dear David T,

Sabaidee and many thanks for your generous review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at 3 Nagas.

Our team does indeed aim to ensure all guests are welcomed and cared for without intrusion on personal time and space. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments back to them.

You mentioned the ‘no TV’ and it is no longer surprising to us that this is actually a preferred point of the overall room offering. Our guests frequently comment how nice it is not to have a TV in the room and they feel they can switch off and simply enjoy this special part of the world.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you have the chance to return.

Until then safe travels and very best regards - Kirsty
New York
Reviewed October 5, 2013

rooms are service are very nice, the monks walk in front of the hotel at dawn every day. The rooms with balconies are especially nice but you need to be at the street for a good view of the monks. The rates are a bit high for LP but if you want to assured of a central location and very nice, clean rooms, this place will work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rs88
Dear rs88,

Sabaidee and thank you for your review of 3 Nagas. As you mentioned the balcony rooms are great for viewing the Alms Giving each morning, they are also perfect for afternoon tea or a quiet aperitif as the sun goes down.

I do hope you enjoyed your visit to Luang Prabang and we look forward to welcoming you back should you have the opportunity to return.

Warmest regards - Kirsty
Sydney
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is trying hard. I must be getting jaded with luxury travel because I was a bit disappointed with it - at first I liked the novelty of staying in such an old building (1930s vintage, shingled roof, lime walls etc) but after a while the novelty wore off and what I really wanted was some space and light. My room didn't have a balcony and started to feel very dark and enclosed after a while. So, ask for a room with a balcony!!!

Others have said that the breakfast was generous but I found it stingy. It is not a buffet - you have to select from a series of options. Today I chose the "Lao breakfast" and I got one plate of fruit (four pieces of fruit on it) and one spring roll. One! This is not enough for a morning person like me!!! I had to buy a second breakfast down the road. Yesterday I ordered the American breakfast and even though the menu stated that it came with bacon and sausage I was given neither. They gave them to me when I asked for them. So, hot tip: be assertive when you order breakfast or the cooks will short you!!!

Luckily the hotel is centrally located so finding a second breakfast was not hard. However, if you want a tranquil, quiet stay there are some places a bit further out of town that are much more peaceful. As I write this in my room I can hear traffic constantly.

The service at this hotel is probably its highlight. As I say, they are trying hard.

Room Tip: Try to get something with an outdoor sitting area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank CambridgeTrip
Kirsty D, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Cambridge Trip,

Sabaidee and very warm greetings from 3 Nagas. We certainly are trying hard, we have wonderful guests and do our very best to let them know how much we appreciate their choice of our hotel whilst in Luang Prabang. And alas, yes the style of the hotel does not suit everyone, being a UNESCO Heritage listed building we are naturally very very old, this is our grace and our charm, but again not everyone’s cup of tea.

I’m so sorry you found our breakfast to be ‘stingy’, as you have noted we more often than not receive wonderful comments and in many cases that there is too much to choose from and that the meal sizes are more than ample. I do promise you that the chefs have no intention of shorting you and I have personally taken your experience and shared this information with them. My apologies I was not aware of your disappointment during your stay, I would have been sure to rectify and have you leaving in the morning full and ready for the day’s adventure.

Our location is absolutely central to everything given it is on the main street of Luang Prabang, unfortunately this does mean traffic. We are blessed though, as our traffic consists of Tuk Tuk’s, moto’s, push bikes and the odd car…not enough to constitute traffic lights as yet and luckily enough for our location and it’s listing there never will be any.

Thank you again for your comments, please do know they are well received.

Wishing you all the very best for your future travels - Kirsty