“My travel service collecting”

Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
“My travel service collecting”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

3 nagas hotel, I have been so many places in the world,
2nights accommodation booked in 3nagas hotel and this is my 2nd time in Laos and I had bad fell in here when I got arrived look very charming and peaceful good for my holiday but very difference
At the night time noisy,
At the morning breakfast table not ready to service
At the daytime after my half day tour I very sad when I looking for my smart phone on the table in the room missing and I turn to check my bag, why my bag open and moved I just keep that problem it's big problem, the problem is when I got to the exchange place in that time 500.00 USD gone...
The first and sad day in my life I can't say anything one more night is the last night again very big noisy from in front street until around 01:30 AM
Early morning from neighbor working.
At the check out time front desk over charge to my bill and they said the credit card machine was not working properly that mean I have to pay cash take so long time then they walk to me and said now you can pay by credit card,
What kind of service that they offer to the guests
Gangster service,
Jungle over night,
Festival night time,
Under ground sleep.

I work under journey lister.
World service comments group.

Hidden my name and all details

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Boboble
Kirsty D, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Boboble,

Having read your review I am very distressed that you did not approach any of our staff, management or myself, to inform us that your phone and money were missing whilst you were staying with us.

Unfortunately given you stayed with us in May and have only just now posted the review, it leaves me less opportunity to investigate however, I am happy to do so and to make recompense for this loss.

May I request you contact me directly at the hotel either via email or telephone so that I can discuss with you, at length all of the circumstances surrounding this issue and hopefully resolve to your satisfaction.

My email address is gm@hoteldelapaixlp.com.

Sincere regards

Kirsty Danks-Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had a beautiful room overlooking the main street. This was a wonderful boutique hotel. The place is quite beautiful and the service was personal and friendly. it is in a great location right on the main "tourist street". Also the breakfasts that they served were outstanding (I had the Laos style breakfast) and it was delicious. This is one of my favorite hotels we stayed in in South East Asia. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We had the "suite" overlooking the main street. Fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsty D, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear JoeTeeVee,

Thank you for your generous comments of 3 Nagas. You have summed all we are in only a few short sentences…perfectly located, personal and friendly service and fantastic food. All in all incredible value, which I am sure, only added to the amazing experience that is Luang Prabang!

If you are over our way again please do return to us, we will be sure to take great care of you and hold that “suite” aside just for you.

In the mean time, safe travels where ever you may journey.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is heritage listed, small approx. 10 rooms, we were fortunate to book the 1st floor room with a balcony which we would recommend. 5 nights we spent in this fabulous town of Luang Prubang it was the highlight of our Asian holiday. The staff were exceptional, Boramey on the front desk gave us absolute excellent service, we ate at the hotel restaurant which we could not fault, the breakfast amazing, you must try the "Luang Prubang" Breakfast you will not be disappointed. The little touches such as "a treat" in the bamboo basket left in our room at night come as a surprise but definitely appreciated. During our stay we booked a beauty package at their sister luxury hotel, what a great experience. Would highly recommend a stay a 3 Nagas.
Has the absolute best bed and pillows, sleep came easily.

Room Tip: Book a room away from the restaurant area as it could be noisy in high season. A balcony room is th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dianne681,

Thank you for your wonderful review of 3 Nagas and of our amazing little town, Luang Prabang! We certainly are a must see destination for any Asian adventure. Great to know you were able to stay for as long as 5 nights and really experience all we have to offer.

Thank you for your wonderful words about our team and fabulous food. I do make sure I pass all comments on to the people that make our hotel so special simply by being who they are.

So happy to hear you also got a chance to visit Spa Indochine at Hotel de la Paix, as a self professed spa devotee I can proudly say that it is a world class Spa and the team do an amazing job…even a full day treatment session is too short!

We would be delighted to welcome you back at any time, so feel free to contact either myself or one of our team should you ever wish to do so.

In the mean time, safe travels where ever you journey.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was lucky to stay in this hotel for almost a week, really make me relax, we don't deal with the TV as the hotel don't provide the TV. Love the French colony building style, with the wood floor and the old French typical bathtub, love the bedroom especially the bed with the curtain, perfect for the honeymoon i suggested. Breakfast was good, can choose some options. The Luang Prabang was so quite and really its traditional style and so natural, walked a lot to the area and had really good experience by meeting the monks in the morning passed in front of the hotel. The staffs was so nice and gave excellent services, friendly peoples. Really enjoy the nature by having some short trips to some temples and also Mekong boat trip to the cave temple. Will come back one day :-).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Honeypie78,

You were lucky not only to stay in our delightful little gem for a week but also to visit this very special destination. Many people pay us only a fleeting visit of 3 or 4 days and truly miss experiencing all that Luang Prabang has to offer. One of our greatest assets is as you suggest that fact that our village is so quiet and peaceful. It really is an amazing place to restore and just enjoy the natural surrounding.

We do have a very privileged position to see the Alms giving of a morning, simply step outside your door and there before you is the beautiful procession of saffron robes, a wonderful way to start any day!

Please do come back and see us again, you are always welcome.

Until then safe travels

Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in the largest suite, on the second floor of the main building. It was worthwhile, since it's rare to be able to stay in an authentic, historic building all made of wood. The staff was very hospitable--although the manager was absent, the team of young charming staff helped us make tour arrangements and booked great restaurants. The hotel restaurant served good food. Location was convenient, we walked everywhere. However, the building is very old and loosely constructed with wood, (which is part of the charm) we could hear noise not only from the room downstairs, but from the street, which was very loud. Compared to our previous visit a few years ago(different hotel that time), there seems to be much more traffic in LP, with quite a few motorbikes and some cars driving up and down the street. There's not much distance between
the street and the main building rooms, even the second floor ones, and loud motorbikes kept us awake till after midnight at times, even though I had my earplugs on, and we're not such light sleepers. I think this should be run ideally as a museum or restaurant rather than hotel. Next time we will stay here one night, then move to a quieter hotel, perhaps in the suburbs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Myasha I,

Thank you for your comments and for appreciating the unique nature of our UNESCO listed and charming 3 Nagas hotel.

February is high season in Laos and yes as you noted the streets – which are quite narrow – can be noisy from time to time. All of the hotels based on the main streets or the Nam Khan and Mekong Rivers experience the same potentially busy nights with excited travelers and busy locals.

Our sister hotel, Hotel de la Paix is based only 15mins walk out of town and I imagine exactly what might be in order for someone seeking a calm and quiet environment.

Nonetheless as you noted our team is dedicated and genuine and we would be delighted to receive you back at the hotel either to stay or to dine with us.

Safe travels always

Seria, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at 3 Nagas last week for three nights and thought that both the hotel and the city was one of the most wonderful places we've ever stayed. The city itself is very atmospheric and picturesque and staying at this hotel completed the experience. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival and given an upgraded room to a Junior Suite. The staff at the hotel throughout our stay were helpful and knowledgeable about activities in the surrounding area. The food is exceptional and when we explained to Jesse that we eat Halal food, he ensured that the chef was made aware f this and whilst halal meat was not available, the rest of our fish and veggie food was prepared accordingly. They even cooked an off the menu veggie dish for one of our meals that was delicious. The breakfasts are particularly good with really buttery pastries. The finishing touch to the trip was the airport transfer in the 1950 Citroen, well worth the extra cost. The hotel is ideally located for the alms giving and we observed people staying at much more expensive hotels having to get up very early to travel into town to watch this when we just had to step onto out balcony.

Room Tip: Select a room upstairs, the ones on the ground floor are quite close to the restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pakistandy
Dear Pakistandy,

Thank you for your generous review of 3 Nagas and our wonderful team.

It was our pleasure to prepare your meal requests and we are always happy to accommodate any range of menu requirements regardless of them be a part of our usual offering.

Our little city is picturesque, certainly one of the must do “bucket list” places to visit. It’s probably not surprising to know that many people return year after year simply to recharge and restore.

I hope you got photos of the yourself in the Citroen, it really is a magnificent car, and fabulous talking point for all who pass-by, we reserve transfers only for our guests, making it all the more special.

Should you be back in our city please do contact us so we can look forward to welcoming you back to 3 Nagas.

Very best regards

Edinburgh
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay in the 3 nagas for three nights during our recent travels. It's location is great , rooms spacious and quaint , the breakfasts and dinner delicious , what we loved most about the 3 nagas was the staff , Pae and his team absolutely charming , friendly and couldn't do enough to help , I'm extremely grateful to Pae for helping me find my lost camera above and beyond his role as manager . Will definitely love to come back Lua Prabang and this is definitely were we will stay .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Helen S
Dear Helen S,

Thank you for your lovely review of our very charming hotel. We are proud of Pae and the entire 3 Nagas team, who genuinely strive to deliver the kind of hospitality for which Luang Prabang and indeed the Lao people are renowned

Great to know you found your camera, undoubtedly stocked with fabulous holiday photos so not one to be lost.

Please do let us know when you are back in Luang Prabang and we will look forward to once again welcoming you and sharing our very special part of Indochina.

Very best regards