Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
New Delhi, India
“they steal”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

not only did they overcharge us on the rooms-the hotel was supposed to give us twin bedded rooms.On our arrival we were shown to rooms that had queed beds and not twin beds.

When we asked for a separate bed-they charged us $30 per nite extra!!!!

And the icing on this terrible cake was that 2 iphones from the rooms were stolen

4 Thank chonchon250
ThreeNagas L, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations and comments following your recent stay at our 3 Nagas property.

I was surprised by your comments about the charge for the extra bed requirement: it was my understanding that you required the extra bed as a direct result of your companion getting a cold which naturally you didn't want to catch as well. This was all the more surprising as you in fact negotiated the rate for the extra bed so you knew of the charge before sending this comment.

I am on record already concerning the missing phones and am still awaiting the full reports from the Police following their investigations.

We are all very sorry that this holiday in Luang Prabang has ended in this fashion and trust that the remainder of the journey was uneventful.

Thank you again for your time and I remain,

Kevin M. O'Hagan

gm@hoteldelapaixlp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The central location of this hotel is great for walking around Luang Prabang. I had an Executive Suite which was enormous and quite nice, but pricey. The rooms are all dark wood and the standard room I saw was very dark. The bathroom is nice and large, but also quite dark and the bathtub/shower combo is difficult to step into. While we were there a lady fell and hit her head stepping into the shower. This hotel is on the street but it wasn't noisy except for one night when a nearby temple held a ceremony at 4 AM and woke everyone up. Breakfast was very good - especially the buffalo sausage - but we were unable to get a second cup of coffee despite asking for it 3 times. Food service is poor.

Room Tip: The Executive suite was great, but the other rooms are much smaller and quite dark. This hotel is o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ThreeNagas L, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your recent stay at our 3 Nagas property.

While I note that overall you enjoyed the stay with us, I was concerned to read of the lady that slipped and hit her head when getting into the shower. I will check on that and investigate the addition of non-slip mats for both in and outside of the shower. Grab bars would be a welcome addition and I will look to see how we can implement them too. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we will address the need accordingly.

I agree that the rooms are dark and, as you rightly commented, this is by the very nature of the room being made almost entire of dark hard wood. We have added as many lights as we think is necessary bt will be very happy to check on the lighting again to see if we can improve the light quality (perhaps stronger globes).

While I was pleased to know that you really liked the breakfast, especially the Buffalo Sausage, I was alarmed to read that you couldn't get a second cup of coffee. This is unacceptable and please know that I have already addressed this matter with our Food and Beverage Services Manager and we have remedied the situation.

Thank you again for pointing out our shortcomings as your comments have given us opportunity to try and improve matters. I do hope that coming from Chiang Mai we might have the opportunity of welcoming you again to our 3 Nagas and until that time, I remain,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were 11friends staying at 3Nagas from the 21st of January till the 26th of January .Two of our friends had their IPhones stolen from their rooms. For such an upscale establishment this kind of behavior is unacceptable.
For the prices we paid for the rooms the least we could expect is the safety of our things in the room.
the management was totally ineffective as they are managed in absentia by someone and hence had no authority to do anything.

3 Thank Whisky2000
ThreeNagas L, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your disappointment following the most regrettable incident concerning your missing phone. Although of little consolation to your friends, we too are shocked at this as this has never happened before at the 3 Nagas: then to discover that there are 2 records of this, and from guests from the same group, even more alarming.

A full investigation has been undertaken with the support of the Luang Prabang Police. Until we have ascertained the full facts as to what happened, I regret that there is not much that we can do right now. However, you have our assurances that we are treating this matter with the seriousness that it deserves and we will report back to those concerned with the findings and the course of action to be taken thereafter.

While I agree that guests in Hotels should feel confident to leave their belongings in their rooms, we, as do all leading Hotels, provide in rooms safes, to help ensure this confidence. Guests' belongings going missing 'from Hotel rooms is not something that we want to be associated with and so every effort is being taken to discover what happened and to ensure that it never happens again.

All of us at the 3 Nagas are very sorry that this has happened and I will revert to those concerned in due course. Until such time, we do hope that the remainder of the holiday goes without further incident. I remain,

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 26, 2013

2 i phones being stolen from your room-is this what you expect from a supposedly upscale $$$ hotel room

We certainly did not expect that this perfectly serene holiday would turn into a nightmare.

There was no senior management person to give a proper response to the theft from our room-thats the least a guest expects.

4 Thank sylvie l
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following this most unfortunate of incidents. All of us here at the 3 Nagas are truly sorry that this has happened and would like you to know that every effort is being carried out to resolve this situation.

As I have tried to explain to an earlier review concerning this same matter, I too wouldn't expect things to go missing from my room when staying in a Star quality rated Hotel. Now that this has happened, we need to find out how and why so that we can proceed to the next stage. Please be assured that once we have received all the findings from the Investigators and the Luang Prabang Police, we will be in contact with those concerned.

In the meantime, we hope that the remainder of your holiday will continue without further incident and until the next time, I remain,

Saratoga CA
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were a group of eleven ladies staying at the hotel for 5 nights from 21st January till th 26th of January. On the night of 25th Jan. my Iphone which I left to charge and went out of the hotel for dinner, the phone got stolen which I realised only in the morning of the 26th at 6.30 am.
The hotel manager could give me no assurance as he had no authority as to what action they were going to take.
In the world of Ipads, Iphones, Laptops this expensive hotel could not ensure the safety of my things and the manager was powerless to make any decisions as the owners are in absentia.
Even midrange guest houses ensure more safety of electonic goods these days as everyone travels with them.
I would definitely never recommend this hotel to anyone.
To make it worse it was not only my phone which was stolen but another friend who was travelling with us in the group her phone got stolen too.

6 Thank Kiran M
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit at our 3 Nagas Hotel. All of us are truly sorry for the loss of your iPhone and for the distress and inconvenience this will no doubt cause you.

It is not unreasonable in any quality Hotel to expect that your personal valuables should be safe when left in your room: in order to facilitate that, all our rooms are also equipped with a personal safe to ensure this protection. Certainly when I travel I always make use of this irrespective of what type of Hotel I am staying at. Please let me assure you that we are treating the case of the missing phones with the seriousness it deserves and just as soon as the findings are given to us we will get back to you and advise the next course of action.

In all such incidents, Hotels will have procedures that they must follow and 3 Nagas is no exception. These needs to be followed through and the next course of action then applied following the findings. In fairness to the Management, he can only decide what to do once the investigations are complete. Once again, we are truly sorry for this loss.

Please be patient with us as we get to bottom of this: expect to hear back from me in the very near future and until then, I remain,

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed January 21, 2013

On our first visit to Luang Prabang between Christmas and New Year's 2012 we booked five nights at 3 Nagas, and frankly didn't know much about it before arriving. From the airport we used the van the hotel offers, and that was a short and painless journey of about ten minutes to the hotel. We were offered a room in the Annex across the street, and our room had a very tropical seating area outside, and from the room we looked out to a charming garden with seating, tables and a couple of umbrellas. Our room was spacious and welcoming, with the beds draped in mosquito net, despite a very effective A/C unit in the room (the wall-mount type with remote control). A basket of fruit was near the lounge chairs, and contained many juicy tangerines and mangosteens. But the very best part of our stay had to do with the absolute prime location, the warmth of the staff, and the al-la-carte breakfast each morning, that included many choices for those not accustomed to Lao cuisine. Coffee was made to order, and the basket of breakfast rolls usually came with freshly baked muffins, still warm. The hotel arranged for us to participate in the giving of rice to the procession of monks who pass by in early morning (Tak Bat). Instead of just giving us some rice, they put down a mat, cushions and gave us handsome, large containers of rice, so we were able to generously give to each person who stopped by. By sitting, of course, we were able to remain lower than the monks, which is preferred. When it came time for an excursion, we simply asked at the front desk, and were given a good bike lock and 'chain,' and were offered to select our own bikes from their group of about ten. The person from the front desk who assisted us adjusted the seats and tightened them securely. We covered many, many streets and even rural areas just beyond this small town of 35,000 on these durable multi-speed bikes, and found the lack of traffic pure heaven. When we requested a river cruise to the Pak Ou caves up the Mekong River, the hotel manager was quick to make very reasonably priced arrangements for a private boat. The captain met us at the hotel and walked us to the boat, just a few blocks away. The two-hour each way river cruise was superb, and worthy of another review unto itself. Despite some noise issues with electric bikes on the hill outside our room, this was a stress-free stay and an experience we will repeat, hopefully next year. This hotel is in the true heart of this World Heritage site. Luang Prabang is a hidden gem, and so is 3 Nagas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

I was very pleased to note that you enjoyed the experience and that you will consider returning to us next year: we very much hope that you will return to us and if we can assist you in making reservations, please don't hesitate to let us know.

I was especially pleased to note that you found our service team warm and friendly and their efforts measured up to your expectations. We have just changed our Breakfast arrangements and so to read that you enjoyed the new A La Carte breakfast was equally satisfying.

We very much look forward to being of service to you again in the not too distant future and until that time, I remain,

Kevin M. O'Hagan
General Manager.

atlanta
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The 3 Nagas made our stay in Luang Prabang absolutely perfect. The hotel is located at a quiet spot on the main street where you could walk out your door and be in the middle of all of the lovely shops and restaurants. Staying away from the main street would have made the visit completely different and I feel we would have missed all of the best flavor of the town. The hotel is a beautiful French colonial hotel and our room was wonderfully furnished with a dark wood, four poster bed with white upholstered furniture. We had french doors leading out to a small garden with two lounge chairs. They leave a lovely little treat for you in bamboo bowls every night during turn down. The restaurant was perfect. They include breakfast every morning and the Lao breafast was divine! The tables are located out front and you can watch the monks and tuk tuks pass by as your dining. Be sure to have dinner there, we found it to be the best food in town but you will require a reservation b/c it is very popular. The staff could not have been nicer and we booked our airport transfer and were driven in the hotels classic mercedes benz. Perfect stay from start to finish.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atlantalef

I was very pleased to read that our facilities and services measured up to you expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you too for your kind comments about our staff: I was very pleased that you found them friendly and was delighted to know that our food quality which you felt was the best in town.

We do hope that your travels might bring you back to Luang Prabang and should that be the case, then we would be delighted to have stay with us again. In the meantime, I remain,