Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$192
$63
$54
$46
  • Breakfast included
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$73
$68
$86
$79
$298
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
$380
All reviewsexecutive suitethe main streetnight marketevery morningfour poster bedmonks walkhotel consistssister propertywooden buildingquiet endin towncharming boutique hotelswimming poola ground floor roomlao foodold quarterairport transfer
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is great. Very spacious, comfortable room and 4 poster bed with mosquito net. I believe I had a deluxe double. It came with a balcony overlooking the main street which was not a problem with respect to noise. The room and hotel is clean. Plenty of hot water, good A/C. The staff is most helpful. However, they tend to have limited skills in English and considering the quality of hotel this definetly needs improvement. It is expensive relative to the city and country, to some degree over priced. One nice perk is free use of bicycles. The location is perfect, in the main tourist area but sufficiently removed from activity. Also right on the route the Monks take for their morning alms giving.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank worldtraveler34
ThreeNagas L, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your stay at our 3 Nagas back in early December. I apologise for taking so long to respond to your review but my time has been somewhat stretched over this hectic Holiday period.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff helpful and friendly; the issue of spoken English is an ongoing concern for all Hotels, not only ours and English language classes are mandatory for all customer contact employees. Despite this, development is proving slower that we would have liked but I hope this didn't detract too much from your enjoyment of our Hotel.

I take your point regarding pricing and in truth, there are Boutique Hotels (and I use this term to distinguish between Guest Houses that call themselves Hotels and bona-fide Hotels like the 3 Nagas) which are less expensive but I hasten to add, there are many more that are more expensive too. I was disappointed to read that you didn't feel our property represented value for money and will gladly take this under advisement and voice it at my next Owners Meeting.

May I take this opportunity on behalf of all us here at the 3 Nagas to wish you and your family a very happy New Year and we hope that we might have the pleasure of being of service to you again sometime in the future. Until that time, I remain,

Kevin M. O'Hagan

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in the 3 Nagas and had an overall great experience. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully appointed with big soft 4 poster beds. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast each day and had no complaints. We had dinner there one night and the food was superb. It is a little more expensive than, for example the Tamarind, but the quality, service and presentation was top notch. The Lao matre'd was very good, The wine cost more than the food but that was OK, the bottle seemed to complement the food well.

Overall a good experience with one wrinkle - the noise. The Nagas is on a corner where the side road is a short steep hill so the minivans, tuks and the motorbikes seem to change gears 3 times coming up. Take ear plugs for sleep. It calms down after curfew @ 11:30 PM but its all back on at 5:30 as people get up to see the Bat. The other problem was the air con in our room (#13), It is older than some of the Tuks and makes more noise. My wife actually thought a Tuk was idling outside on the first night. The evaporator fan bearings were completely shot. It was a real problem deciding if you wanted to try to sleep in 27C heat or sleep fitfully with the fan in the A/C grinding away in the background. I can say this as we are now in Hanoi (@ the Elite), the A/C is running and it makes less noise (much) than a small desk fan.

For the price we paid, this was not good enough. Stay at the Nagas for all it offers but be aware of the issues if you need a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Have them run up the A/C before you accept the room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony G
Kevin M O, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your comments and opinions following your recent stay at our 3 Nagas. Thank you too for highlighting the noise factor as clearly part of this problem could be eliminated by us.

I was delighted to read that overall our services and facilities measured up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the experience.

Thank you too for pointing out the offending room air-con unit. You are correct in that many of the units are old and steps are being taken to overhaul and replace all the units, with the older ones first. I wish we could do something about the street noise but I guess that comes with the the territory of being an authentic building, on main street and in a World Heritage Town. However, I can understand that the discomfort caused by the noise factor would render the 3 Nagas experience too expensive and not representative of value for money.

Please don't let this noise factor unfavourably prejudice your decision on returning to the 3 Nagas. I note that you traveled up from Vientiane and so I assume that you might return in the not too distant future. We would love to have you stay with us again and so, when your plans are set, please feel free to contact me direct so that I can personally handle your reservation and room assignment and make sure that you get a proper night's sleep and at a "value" price.

Until such time, I remain,

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stopped for a meal at the 3 Nagas on our first night in Luang Prabang having been attracted by the special board as we passed by. The restaurant and bar across the road are set in beautiful, UNESCO protected, French colonial buildings, and the service was of a very high standard.

We had Chicken Satay and Spring Rolls to start followed by Trio of Homemade Burgers and Fish in Banana Leaf. We also tried a couple of the smoothies along with our meal. The food was superb, tasty and beautifully presented, and we thoroughly enjoyed the drinks as well.

Whilst our meal at 3 Nagas was excellent, on reflection, it was extremely expensive compared to other meals we enjoyed just as much in Luang Prabang. The prices advertised in the menu do not include added tax or compulsory service charge, so the meal cost more than expected (my fault, I should have read the small print). Overall, we paid 450,000 kip for our meal, which was 3 times what we paid for meals just as good (if not better) at Tamarind and Dyen Sabai on other nights. By western prices the 3 Nagas offers great standards at decent prices, but in the context of Luang Prabang the value simply isn't there.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to share your comments and observations following your recent dining experience at our 3 Nagas.

While I was glad to note that the meal experience was exceptional I was disappointed to know that the value for money aspect was lacking. I acknowledge this and I confess that you are not the first to have made this observation.

Our Menus have been reviewed and are in the process of being readied for representation. However, before this can be done, we need to complete a full competitor price and our own cost review. We are in that process now and, while too late for you and many others, a less expensive menu is imminent, and, I hasten to add, not at the expense of our quality.

Thank you again for highlighting this shortcoming and please know that it is being addressed. I do hope your travels will bring you back to Luang Prabang; if and when that happens, do please come by our 3 Nagas and I am confident that you will find our food and beverage quality will have been maintained and at a price representing much better "value for money" Until that time, I remain,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

A quaint little hotel centrally located to watch the monks collect their alms in the morning. Rooms are very small and quite dark, even for Asia. The staff are friendly and try very hard to please all the guests. Pick a room on the top floor as floors are made from wood and if you are on a ground floor room, you can hear everything happening in the room above. Expensive but very nice

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations following your recent stay at our 3 Nagas property.

Clearly you experienced one of our ground floor rooms which, at 28 SqM, I accept is a little on the small side: actually our rooms are up to 35 SqM and I am saddened that I was not aware of your obvious disappointment at being assigned one of these rooms.

I was pleased to note that our service team performance lived up to our expectations and that they were clearly trying to be of assistance to everyone.

I do hope that your travels will bring you back to Luang Prabang in the not too distant future: if and when that happens, do please feel free to contact me directly so that I can personally handle your reservation and room assignment. Until such time, I remain,

Kevin M. O'Hagan

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We did not stay in this hotel, but at reccomendation of our own hotel, we had lunch there on one day during our Luang Prabang visit. Terrific! Loved the food, service outstanding - we ate outside, ordered local dishes, and could not have had a better experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your dining experience at our 3 Nagas Hotel.

We have long prided ourselves on the quality produced by our local Kitchen team and I will have great pleasure in sharing your kind comments with them. I was happy too that the food production quality was matched by our Service team meaning resulting in an overall successful experience.

I appreciate that traveling here from the USA is a long haul but hope that should your travels bring you back to Luang Prabang you might consider coming to stay with us as well. If ever I can be of assistance in making a reservation for you, please don't hesitate to let me know. In the meantime, I remain,