Lowest prices for your stay
$90
Free cancellation until 04/23/21
Priceline$59
Agoda.com$49
FindHotel$92
All reviews the main street in town night market plunge pool free shuttle each morning breakfast was excellent spacious rooms three nights stay in luang prabang annex laos alms ritual
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

My experience with this hotel should have been very good if the air cons in both rooms of mine and my friend had not been switched off at 1 a.m. I called the staff but they said I had to wait until 8a.m for someone to fix it. Other room did not have this problem. Staff not care about our situation, no explanation, no one came at 8, until I called again and a lady just simply turn on the breaker!! Why?? I think they should return 50% of our room rate, for such annoyed stay. Moreover, mattress and pillows are not soft!!!
Location is great, ambience is nice, breakfast is good, restaurant staff is attentive.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
VillaSanti, General Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear anhaing,

Many thanks for having taken the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Villa SANTI. Guests feedback is extremely valuable to us as it is the best way we have to correct mistakes and rectify deviations from established procedures.

We are sorry to read about the air conditioner problem you encountered in both rooms and would like to present you with our sincerest apologies. The lack of follow-up from our associates is also a real concern and we shall investigate in great details why the person you call at 1 AM did not even bother to come up to the room.

For your information, we are planning a complete renovation of our hotel and the problems you mentioned will be eradicated.

Again we truly apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for having reported it.

Your Villa SANTI Hotel team!

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at the Villa Santi Hotel and really enjoyed it. The location is great, right in the heart of the old quarter. We walked and cycled around town from there. We were upgraded to a suite which was very spacious and comfortable. A couple of times it took awhile for the hot water to come through in the shower. The breakfast is a set menu. We had the American Breakfast each day which was generous with the hot food being cooked fresh. Be warned, the coffee is awful but the tea is fine. There is a small swimming pool which is adequate for a dip to cool off. I would happily stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debra B
VillaSanti, General Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Dear Debra B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Villa Santi. Guests comments are of paramount importance to us since they represent one of the best tools we have to rectify mistakes and/or deviations from established policies.

We are delighted to read that you seem to have enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the Suite upgrade. We have taken good note of your comment with regards to the hot water and shall see if and how this can be solved. We recently adjusted our breakfast to be an "a la carte" affair and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed it, except for the coffee.

We look forward to be again of service to you in future.

Your Villa SANTI team!

Reviewed April 28, 2018

We had a nice dinner at the restaurant with good food and friendly service. Unfortunately, the US Dollar bill came with a 50% supplementary charge which they could not explain and of which we were not informed before the bill was charged. This leaves a bad aftertaste.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ming_Scho

Dear Ming_Scho,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor following your dinner experience at the Princess Restaurant of Villa Santi, Luang Prabang. Guests feed back is always appreciated and used to improve both service and experience.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed both meal and service.

We are sorry for the billing incident that occurred and would like to ensure you and other readers that this was a genuine mistake which was rectified "on the spot".

Unfortunately the way your comment is written makes it sound that the mistake was intentional and not corrected.

Again we apologize for this mishap and hope that this answer will help clear any misunderstanding!

Your Villa SANTI Team.

Reviewed April 13, 2018

This hotel is not very large but located at the heart of Luang Prabang city, where everything is just a walking distance. Villa Santi has yet another hotel called Villa Santi Resort and Spa located about 5 km away from the city center and has more rooms than this one. A room at the Villa Santi Resort had been booked for me but somehow I checked in to this hotel instead, which was a nice mistake, because then I spent 1 night in this hotel before being transferred to the resort the next day.

Compared to the resort, I personally prefer this hotel. This hotel is perfectly located in the city center where you can easily walk to main attractions like temples, night market, and the famous Mount Phousi - yet, this hotel is very tranquil and peaceful. The room was clean, the air conditioner and Wi-Fi were working well, and the staffs were very helpful when they tried to sort my hotel-room-transfer matters out. However, the breakfast was quite basic. It's not a usual buffet-style breakfast so you will have to choose for a set of breakfast menu they have to offer. I didn't mind at all as I usually don't eat too much in the morning and a cup of tea with some slices of fruits will work for me, but that might not be your case. Just go walking around the city and try out some local dishes or coffees or some breakfast menus from the cafes and restaurants nearby to heighten your Luang Prabang experience.

Additional information:
* The lobby and the rooms area are separated by a small street.
** There is a free shuttle service to Villa Santi Resort and back, several times a day. While this hotel is in the city center, the resort is nearer to the famous Kuang Si waterfalls (still 30 km away from it anyway).

Room tip: My room was at the back and it has some river flowing nearby. I head river-streams all the time and I liked it a lot.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank rahmasarii
VillaSanti, General Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Dear rahmasarii,

Thank you for writing a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at both our hotels Villa SANTI and SANTI Resort and Spa.
Guests feedback is of utmost importance to us and it is nice to have someone commenting about the 2 properties in one entry.

True that Villa Santi has a great location in the middle of town, almost a stone throw to all attractions of the city, while the Resort is more located for people enjoying the quietness of mother nature.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and have relayed your nice remark about our associates' helpfulness and desire to please.

Breakfast at Villa Santi was purposely changed to an "a la carte affair" in order to serve the freshest and hottest food and we apologize for not having won your full appreciation. We will ensure that the breakfast selection is better explained to all guests and re-check its quality. The American breakfast selection calls for fruit, cereal and egg dishes and should not have been so basic. We do apologize for this.

All in all, we hope that, should you come back to Luang Prabang, you will again give us an opportunity to be of service to you.

Your SANTI Hotels teams!

Reviewed April 7, 2018

I love centrally located hotels for walking and this was one of them. It was a cute older hotel, with flowers and running water everywhere to make the stay enjoyable. I was upgraded to a garden room, which was at the very back of the hotel, but a nice walk through the gardens to get there.
The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was acceptable and served by an attentive staff. Being solo, I was even put on the veranda, which was a nice change from other hotels.
The day market and night markets are close and I love to shop, many great restaurants line the main street, which is really just a road.The hotel sites in this cute quiet little town I fell in love with.
Tropical, quiet, peaceful, flowery hotel was a great experience.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank samurai-sushi-sake

Dear samurai-sushi-sake,

Thank you for selecting Villa SANTI Hotel for your stay in Luang Prabang and for taking time to write a comment on Trip Advisor following your visit.

We are pleased to read that you seem to have enjoyed your stay in the garden room. We decided recently to move away from a buffet breakfast and are happy to see that you enjoyed it as well as the view from out terrace overlooking the main street.

We truly hope to be again of service to you should your travel plans bring you back to Luang Prabang.

Your Villa SANTI team!