“Great mixing with the locals”
Review of Morning Market

Morning Market
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Interesting market and fun to mix with the locals. Sample a few items. Try the Mekong River Weed with sesame...yummy!

2  Thank Cindy K M

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Don't miss this place. Take your time. I came here twice. Lots more to see and learn. And spend some money here ... The people are poor. They need your money.

4  Thank Lagusaya2
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Some wonderful colours and smells and sights including live frogs and fish - and wierd foods and fruits I'd never tried before. Well worth a look

1  Thank felineluckypunk
Reviewed December 22, 2012

An authentic produce/food market (more so than Talat Sao in Vientiane) easily accessible with local color. Fresh fish, vege, raw noodles, flowers, cooked breakfasts, the odd snack, craft, old coin, sparrows for release, erm, rodents etc. A plug for the Ramayana Hotel: at breakfast you can take this all in if you sit outside. A cheerful place paced just right: hectic like all Asian markets, yet surprisingly calm. Now more tourists and groups, so it gets crowded a little later.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We gave alms to the monks and immediately walked right over to the surprising Morning Market. I've been to other markets, but this one has a very special "authentic" feel to it, perhaps because we seemed to be the only tourists. I took plenty of pictures, but can remember it clearly without looking at them. Honestly I wish I weren't so fearful of eating something I shouldn't when traveling because this would have been the place for breakfast. Instead we walked back to our hotel for "safe" food. It's best to be careful I suppose.

1  Thank Mona2446