Tripadvisor
Luang Prabang
Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM, 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Just do it

Such a wonderful program, stop and have a chat, it is so worthwhile. I can assure you that you will... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
NswAustraliaDidi
NSW AUSTRALIA
Give up an Hour to help

We were walking along the road and we were approached by a French man and he asked if we would give... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago

from $18.00
from $47.44
from $148.94
More Info
All reviews practice their english their lives two hours local students children's books rewarding experience native speaker lao language young students meet locals morning session great initiative couple of hours novice monks donate money ask questions his life
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

I happened to run into Big Brother Mouse on my way to dinner with a friend on our first night in Luang Prabang. We spent around 30 minutes chatting with children and young adults who were looking to improve their English. For the following three nights we returned to Big Brother Mouse to talk with other students. It was such an amazing opportunity to help locals, but also learn about their culture and lives. I highlight recommend visiting when you are in town.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Your conversation with young students will provide insight into Lao lifestyle and culture that you will find nowhere else.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

This was a great experience. No paper work or forms, just hop right in and start chatting with one or several of the motivated young people wanting to improve their english skills. The two guys I spoke with were both very friendly and easy conversation. One was novice monk, the other worked computers. Life is very challenging in Laos. It is great to meet locals and help out, even if only for a couple of hours. I highly recommend participating. Couple hours in the morning or evening.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Want to interact with locals and learn about their daily lives while helping them to learn English? Visit Big Brother Mouse and sit with locals learning to speak English. My husband and son got to spend time with a Monk while my daughters and I spoke with a local 20-something trying to learn English to become a tour guide. What an amazing experience to truly interact with natives.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2020

It is a must do if you're in Luang Prabang. Do check the timings before you go. It is the best way to interact with the locals. very engaging.

Date of experience: August 2019