“mr. special”

Phone Praseuth Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 271 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Mister Kamphone is a very relaxed but accurate host, also his staff is correct, doing this you need invisible but everything is arranged. There are no troubles in getting things done: not possible is rare. Even if I were not on time for breakfast again, they would something to eat for me again....
You feel safe, comfortable and even part of the communicaty of LP, just so relaxed!!! Top Service hope to see them all again....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Phone Praseuth guesthouse for 4 nights and really enjoyed my time here.
The rooms are very clean, and made up every day.
The staff are extremely friendly and always enquire about your day and offer any other suggestions. Khamphone would let me know if he was going to a local village or attraction and would offer me a free lift.
The walk into town is barely 5 minutes, and I loved crossing the bamboo bridge every day!
Breakfast was nice with a selection of what you would like cooked, fresh fruit and orange juice, and the highlight for me, a freshly baked baguette.
Day trips that Khamphone isn't already going to can be easily and cheaply organised through him.
I would definitely come back to stay here, and can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank aussiejimmy99
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a ground floor room which was not large but excellent value and very clean with good and very quiet air conditioning. The very friendly and relaxed host picked us up and returned us to the airport free of charge. As other reviews have mentioned, it is very quiet (apart from birds) because it is across the river from the main part of town. In the dry season you cross a bamboo bridge to reach the town in about 5 mins. This is fun if you are reasonably good on your feet, the hardest part being some steep and rather rough steps. Definitely a drawback for anyone with mobility problems but otherwise well worth it for the peaceful atmosphere. There is a fantastic restaurant just around the corner called Dyen Sabai: the 'lao fondue' is a brilliant experience and the location is stunning. We enjoyed every aspect of our stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Everything was easy...from making first contact to book a room to being driven to the airport for my departure flight. Absolute door to door service! Khamphone is a great host and nothing seems to be too much trouble or effort. I stayed an entire week and was sad to end my stay in Luang Prabang and at Phone Praseuth Guesthouse. The size of the guesthouse is perfect, there are two communal seating areas as well as a small table with two chairs outside every room to sit and relax etc. Breakfast is very good with a few selections. The cleaniness, upkeep and attention to detail is meticulous. Khamphone and his staff are extremely friendly and trustworthy. I highly recommend this guesthouse and host.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. There are no safes or hairdryers in the rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2013

After exchanging some emails with the owner to arrange a stay, we arrived in Luang Prabang. He picked us up at the airport in his car, and drove us to his hotel. It was important for me to have Wifi so I especially asked for a room with coverage. We got a room close to the reception, but the next day the owner moved us to a room upstairs. He had bought a new wifi router so now the whole hotel seemed covered. The breakfast was also good. The hotel was mostly filled with young people from the western world, which I guess ended up there after reading the raving on tripadvisor.

Location of the hotel was on the other side of the river, but in the season, they build a bamboo bridge over the river, and off season, I think there is some boating service over the river. I really enjoyed the location, and we ended up staying there 4-5 nights.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for six nights, two more than originally planned. The Guesthouse is a gem - the house itself is really nice, so are the rooms. Very clean and with a good working a/c. The wifi is very good, even in the rooms. The breakfast is lovely prepared, too. You have several choices, all come with fresh fruits and a juice. The owner is really friendly and helpful, even picked us up in the late evening when we arrived in luag prabang without having a booking from us. He speaks english very well and will help you in all matters, even if you are sick and need something from the pharmacy. The Guesthouse is on the other side of the Nam Khan River - we liked it very much to stay there and not in the middle of the centre. Over the bamboo bridge it is a 5 minute walk to the main street. Beside, you get bikes for free and there are really in a good shape. Overall, a lovely guesthouse which we would definitely recommend to everybody who is looking for a wonderful place in wonderful Luang Prabang.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights, we leave today.
When you take a tuktuk, you can ask the driver to bring you to the old bamboobridge (dry season only). You buy a 5000 kip dayticket to cross the bridge, walk upstairs, turn to the left and after +/- 200 m you arrive at Phone Praseuth.
So no noise at night but close to everything.
Very friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, hot shower and a nice garden.
Good breakfast service, mostly eggs, bread and fruit.

• Stayed: April 2013