Lowest prices for your stay
$99
Hotels.com
$99
Agoda.com
$37
Booking.com$65
Travelocity$99
eDreams$65
All reviews mekong river old palace night market morning alms local culture hotel is located early morning ideal location large balcony airport pickup the main street in town the ground floor stay in luang prabang suite jacuzzi temple
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel is simply great. It used to be a royal residency and you can easily understand why. It looks absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are really nice - we had a Suite with an inside large pool (which we were not told that takes 7 hours to get to the right temperature, therefore we could not use it one night as it was too cold). That was the only disappointment we had.
The outside part of the restaurant faces the river, it is peaceful and the food is absolutely delicious. A nice touch is the executive chef and the sous-chef coming out to check that everything was perfect. Breakfast is also very good, with a large choice of international and local food.
The staff is consistently professional, friendly and eager to help the guests in any way they can.
The manager of the hotel is also a constant presence making sure that everything works smoothly.
We really enjoyed our stay there and we would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: December 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
Gamunu, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review ! Thank you for praising me, my chef & sous chef ! It was so unfortunate that you could not use the plunge pool which needs few hours to get it heated. I 've instructed my front office staff to inform the guests on these little details which matters a lot ; specially during winter. Thank you for bringing it to our notice ! Your comments & compliments keep us motivated & perform better. Thank you again ! Looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace again !

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. We had two nights. Very quiet, attentive service and serene! I would recommend this place! I feel so relaxed. Rooms are comfortable. We had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the street. The grounds of the hotel are lovely. The breakfasts are great, sitting along the Mekong River. Just lovely. I will come back for sure!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Gamunu, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review in Trip adviser ! Your comments lift our spirits & we do better in our duties. Thank you again & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace again !

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Former king' s palace is now an elegant mekong riverside hotel with beatuful rooms and super helpful staff. The breakfast was extra special because of the wonder Von cooking eggs to perfection and the ever smiling chef 'Rasika'. We had no seats on a flight to riem reap and the general manager, Gamunu made a quick call and voila we had seats! Just amazing staff from the top man down. Will absolutely stay again !

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Gamunu, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for your excellent comment in Trip Adviser ! Thank you for the compliments offered to me & the Ex.Chef ! Theses keep us over the moon & do better in every aspect of our work ! Thank you & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace again !

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had an amazing stay at this hotel where they looked after all our needs. The General Manager went out of his way to make every guest feel looked after. First I thought it was only us...but then I saw him treating all the guests in the same way. Rasika, Vong and the rest of the breakfast staff were great..... Made our mornings! We had booked for three nights, but decided to stay for a fourth only because we were having such a great time in LP and the hotel. We are looking forward to coming back!

Room tip: Chose a room that faces the central courtyard or the river.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to write a review & compliments to me , our Ex.Chef & the staff ! Your comments make us exceptional & discharge our duties better ! Thank you again & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace again !

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The quality and atmosphere of this hotel was far better than I expected to find in laos. Coming back to this hotel at the end of the day was always a great experience. The staff are so lovely and helpful. The room was large and the atmosphere was fabulous. This is one of my favourite hotels in the world. It doesn't have a pool because it is in the heritage area. However I didn't really miss it and the heritage aspect is why the atmosphere at this hotel is so lovely. The hotel is so well located right beside the river and a very short walk to the main strip. After spending 5 nights here I didn't see any other hotel in Luang Prabang (or the rest of laos) that I would prefer.

Room tip: I stayed in the lotus suite and this was a great room. It didn't have river views but did have a balcony with lovely outlook - I'm not sure if river view rooms might be even better or not.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Gamunu, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review & the compliments to my team ! These comments makes us energized & perform our jobs better ! Thank you & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengfthong Palace again !