“Great hotel in the town, wonderful food and services”

Victoria Xiengthong Palace
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Xieng Thong Palace is a great hotel with the best location in town, face to Mekong river. We can enjoy the feaceful of the town and easy to walk around, very close to all the main sites. We have stayed there for 3 nights and do not want to leave because it seams to become our home already. The food is excellent, staff are so friendly, all services are perfect. It makes our trip become more memorable. If you come to LPQ please do not miss your chance to stay at Xieng Thong Place, it is highly recomended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Huong P
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review ! These comments make our team more energized & motivated. Thank you & Looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace again !

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights in July and it is my unforgetable time.

The people here so nice, so friendly, always give me the smile. I have the feeling that I am safe here, I am protected by my dear friends here.

The services are perfect. Whenever I get out, they make the room which I turn it messy then they make it clean with so charmingfull smell.

I am strongly would like to say thank you to Mr, Gamunu (GM of this hotel) who is very special GM in the world. He always stands there, in the restaurant to make sure that the customers are happy and have good meals. And his staff tell me that he has never shouted at any one.

Also would like to say thanks to the Chef from Sri Lanka, sorry that I cannot remmember his name, to Ms. Vone and all the Kitchen and bar staff, Ms. Chanmala and the Receptionist crew and all the gaderner who always work in silent but ready to say "Sabai dee" to customers.

I love this hotel with the peole and every corner of the hotel. I can walk there along the bank of Mekong river at peaceful night. I can walk along the silent, small and clean streets to join the night market. I can stop to talk with any one in the hotel or just someone in the streets. They are all amazing, wonderful.

Thanks for giving me great time in Luang Prabang. Will come back to stay here someday.

Trang

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SaSa_T
Gamunu, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your beautifully worded long review in Trip Ad visor ! Special thanks for complimenting me & my team ! These encouraging words will make us motivated & do our jobs better ! Thank you & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace again !

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was warmly welcomed by the whole hotel. "Sabai Dee" with beautiful smile is the first impression. The hotel is extremely clean. My room is Lavender suite, large and well-aired while my friends stayed at Grand Villa Suite, which has 2 floors (the 1st floor has a Jacuzzi pool, it's great, isn't it?). Both have a large balcony with have great view. It's quite and peaceful, near the royal temple Wat XiengThong (it makes the hotel the last stop of the monks on their journey of sacred Alms Giving Ceremony in the early morning)
You can enjoy the breakfast in Mekong kichen Restaurant (which facing the Mekong river), while seeing the daily life of the local. What an experience!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thuyxoai
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write an excellent review ! These comments make out team motivated & do our tasks better ! Thank you again & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace again !

Reviewed July 5, 2012

First we got to the hotel and inmediately we noticed how hard they tried to please you. The check in process was smooth with lots of greets. Then we entered our great room with a balcony with a river view. Location is great, we walked downtown and came back to a room that they prepared again. At night we went to the Kitchen by the Mekong and were treated as kings. The same the following day for breakfast. The manager, Ms. Vorve, Somphone, Bouahong and the girls served the breakfast and just wanted us to feel good. We will recommend it 100%.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank naydi n
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for the compliments , we are over joyed to see these & our team 'll do better in the future ! Thank you again & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace again !

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and was fortunate to be given one of the rooms on the riverside. The hotel itself is located near the place where Nam Kan enters the Mekong which is a little quiter than down town. It has a very relaxing atmosphere in the morning and evenings. The service and food were excellent with many nice little touches. Another review has noted that the hotel was only opened in 2011. The hotel was in fact the final residence of the last King of Laos, having been restored and developed into the hotel it is today maintaining the same look as the orginal buildings. Hence there is a bit of history as well. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to have a memorable experience of Luang Prabang.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TB41
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your valuble comments ! These comments will defineatly increases our morale. Thank you & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace !

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Went here for dinner one day while staying in luang prabang. Amazing food and really friendly staff. Amazing view.

Staying here for sure the next time I'm in Laos.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank VaruniV
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for visiting Kitchen by the Mekong & taking time write a review ! These comments will boost our team moral & do better in the future . Thank you & looking forward to welcome you to Xiengthong Palace !

Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights during our stay in Luang Prabang. The only reason I can think why this hotel is not in the top 5 in Tripadvisor is because it is a new hotel that was only opened in December 2011. As a result the premises is obviously very new and modern but at the same time does not lose the touch of the Palace history.

The location is ideal as it overlooks the Mekong River and very quiet but still walking distance to the hustle and bustle of the night market area. The daily monk alms giving procession also took place right in front of the hotel.

We both ate at the hotel restaurant and it was great - we were also treated to a special menu that was organised by the general manager Mr Srilal which was typical of the friendly and accomodating nature of their staff. The entire staff always had a smile on their face which was refreshing to see and as mentioned above, special mention to the General Manager Mr Srilal and the hotel engineer who made our stay very comfortable and ensured all our requests were met.

We both also used the spa one day and were very satisified.

Overall if staying in Luang Prabang, staying at the Xiengthong Palace is a must.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank prabu1981
Gamunu, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for your review, these comments will keep us moving towards better heights. Looking forward to welcome you again to Xiengthong Palace !