“Everything I ate here was excellent!”
Review of Pilgrim's Cafe - CLOSED

Pilgrim's Cafe
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Pilgrim's Cafe is located beside the Royal Palace. Pilgrim's Cafe serves our favorite foods from all over the world. Both the cafes are Air Conditioned with WIFI, Great Music and Friendly Staff.
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Everything I ate here was excellent!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I must have ate here more than 7 times! Their enchiladas are amazing - best I ever had (no exaggeration) and I don't even normally like enchiladas! Like some of the other reviews mentioned, the Mexican food here is LEGIT!

Great place to have breakfast as well. You will not find a Western breakfast like this anywhere in Laos (to my knowledge).

Pilgrim's Cafe also has a nice and relaxing environment if you have any work you need to get done. Delicious coffee, lattes, and lassi! Their Indian food is also excellent and the Banana Lassi is unlike any I have ever had in the states! Just thinking about it makes me want to go back, right now! Oh and their friendly staff speak English!

• Visited May 2013
Debra_Freeman, Manager at Pilgrim's Cafe, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks. We love our Mexican food! When I give the Lao staff a lunch choice, tacos come in second only to noodle soup.

• Korean first
Milton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good prices, and the only Mexican food in town.”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The food is a good bang for your buck. If your looking for western food in Luang Prabang your can pay a lot for the same quality. Pilgrim's Cafe had a larger selection in the lower price range.

• Visited September 2013
Thanks. We try and take a responsible approach to all aspects of business. Our customers and staff are of equal importance.
Toronto, Canada
“Only Mexican In Town”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have had no luck finding Mexican food in Laos. This was the first one and man it was good. Sunday is their big day as they have and all you can eat taco bar from 12-2!!! We were in heaven!! They have two locations the taco bar is only at the night market location.

• Visited October 2013
Debra_Freeman, Manager at Pilgrim's Cafe, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
When I first came to LP almost 10 years ago, I really missed Mexican food. As I've learned my way around the market, I've found that it is possible to make Mexican from scratch. Fresh fruit, veggies and herbs abound. Did you like the pasta feta salad? That huge pot was finished by 2:30! Lots of Mexican (and Greek) are on our everyday menu, but on Sundays we enjoy the family friendly social lunch that the salad and taco bar provide. So glad you enjoyed your lunch, thanks for taking time to write the review.
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent taste of home...”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I lived in Luang Prabang for four weeks, and although I had Lao food for dinner most nights, I ate breakfast at Pilgrim's Cafe nearly every morning. The staff are incredibly friendly, even by Lao standards (though a lot of the staff are foreigners). They chat you up and remember your name. I usually got the breakfast bagel, though of all the things I tried, there was never anything that was less than amazing. I also got a fruit salad most days, which has a bunch of the local tropical fruits which I will miss when I'm home. I was here with a volunteer program, and all the other staff and volunteers swear by this place. The prices are higher than most food in LP, but it's completely worth it, and still very cheap by Western standards (my breakfast, a bagel with bacon, egg & cheese, and a fruit salad comes to about USD $5.12 as of this writing).

• Visited October 2013
Debra_Freeman, Manager at Pilgrim's Cafe, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks for the great review and thanks for coming to share of yourself with the Lao youth. We miss you!
Luang Prabang, Laos
“Great little place on the main street.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is right on the main street really clean and has a nice upstairs. Convenient in the evening if you need a break from the night market. You can get great coffee, tacos and salads. It even has outside seating morning and afternoons.

• Visited October 2013
Debra_Freeman, Manager at Pilgrim's Cafe, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We like our little corner shop very much. Now that the mornings are cool, I think we provide the best tables in town to enjoy the view and our perfect coffee and yummy breakfast. Thanks for the review and for being our customer, we couldn't do it without you.