“Prepare to need a brainwash after as well as a full body scrub with Anti bacterial wash”

Khmu Restaurant Spa & Massage
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

We are fans of massage wherever we go and after trying massages everywhere from London to Paris, Penang to Phuket, Siem Reap to Kuala Lumpur we decided to try this "Spa" after trying the Lotus the day before which was so so.
We chose the shoulder massage for 60 minutes. We saw clients in the foot massage section so were reassured that it should be alright. We were lead to a room at the back which meant we went past the "back office" which looked as if it had not been cleaned since the early 70s. In the actual room there were two massage couches covered in two old tatty and dirty looking sheets, complete with stained pillows. Putting judgement aside we figured that perhaps the sheets and pillow merely looked bad. The two "therapists" walked in and asked us to lie down. Upon my descend into the pillow I realised that the pillow had not been washed since the building was probably first built. It smelt of a concoction of sweat and drool as well as plain old dirt. The therapist then sat herself on my lower back with all her weight, which I thought was only for a short time but she decided to use my back as a chair. Her technique was non existent as she kept jabbing my back while having a full blown conversation with the other therapist and yawning throughout the whole session. Put it this way, I was tempted to ask her to stop as it was a combination of the aroma, the loud conversation and the lack of technique. All in all save your money and give this place a miss though I would say a foot massage SHOULD be safe. At the end of the massage they used a towel that smelled as well to wipe my back. I am sure I have rashes from this. Disgusting.

• Indonesian first
London
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Worse massage in Luang Prabang, in Laos, in the world, of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

Went to have a massage on my last day in Luang Prabang, bad idea because I left with a broken back, smelly skin, moody and upset instead of relax and peacefull.

I think this is the first time I wanted to lesve a massage before the end and even before half time, sometimes massage are not good but that was worse.

First of all, the pillows smell so badly that it makes you feel sick, on top the hand of the girl were sticky like she sweatand did not wash her hand. The massage itself is really bad, no technique, 2 moves random for one hour, painfull but not in a good way, nothing like a strong good pain thai massage. As if I needed to add more but the girls were speaking and laughing together for one hour and they call themselves a spa. Right...

Visited December 2011
Siem Reap, Cambodia
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

I went to the restaurant part of this business (there is a Spa attached to it). The place was packed to the rafters, obviously many tour operators send individual and group guests here.

Even though it was very busy; service was extremely fast; the service was actually better than the food. This is one of the tourist restaurants that try to cater to every taste; with Laotian and Western food, as well as Piza, all on the menu.

I opted for the Laotian section; ordering fried beef balls and caramelized pork. The beef was actually not bad at all, but the pork was very tough, the sauce way too sweet, and both vegetables and rice were ice cold.

Visited November 2011
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“Spa was excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

I had a good foot reflexology and massage.. I recommend this place.

Visited November 2011