“Loved it!”

Cuisines: Indian
Description: About 2 minutes walk from the Night Market
Description: About 2 minutes walk from the Night Market
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our meal so much here we ended up going back 3 times during our week stay. Really good food, and accommodating waiters. Only thing is I'd prefer the plates and cutlery not to be on the table when I get there due to cleanliness but they do this in a lot of restaurants. Nice meal, fairly priced.

There are newer reviews for Nazim's Indian Restaurant

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Please don't be turned away by the lack of ambiance.....the chairs, tables and lighting give the impression that it is just an ordinary restaurant. I had lunch at this restaurant - ordered a masala dosa (and Indian crepe) and the chettinad chicken with naan bread. The dosa was a bit oily but the potato stuffing was delicious - not too spicy. The chettinad chicken (the cook is from South India - Madras) was spicy with hardly any gravy (just the way it should be) - the bread had just been made (it was a bit crisp - could be made a bit softer) , but the chicken tasted just the way it should. Walking past this restaurant at night......it was packed while several other more expensive restaurants were empty.....I could see why. The service is good (it is a family style restaurant) and the owner helps you in deciding what to order - the menu offering was mainly south Indian, but both the dishes I ordered were very good. They do have a selection of North Indian dishes but based on where the cook is from is usually what I order. I will certainly try this restaurant again before I leave LP

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Don't be deceived by the bad press or uninviting look of this place. The food is very good... good enough for every Indian in town to eat here.
It's the one place I kept going back to while I was in town for a month. Always fresh, always timely and always good value.
I tried most vegetarian dishes with satisfaction, so maybe the meat quality is causing the bad reviews, but I also ate at every high end restaurant in town and comparatively the food a Nazim's is very good value.
Try a simple, cheap dish to start (i.e. mango lassi) and then decide for yourself...

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My friend and I were there at 30 November for having lunch. Besides us there were only 3 other people in the restaurant. My friend ordered Chicken Tikka Masala and I had Nasi Goreng Vegetarien. After a long time waiting I got Nasi Goreng Vegetarien including Chicken!!!
The boss was very unfriendly. When we paid we had to get 30.000 KIP back. We had to ask for the money as the owner thought that it was his tip (although we never said anything about that).
In the evening my friend started to feel very very bad..... She started shaking, had a splitting headache, back pain. She was lying in the bed, couldn´t move and started to stutter!!! As she had fever (over 40 C) I decided to go with her to the Luang Prabang hospital (she had one mosquito bite in Cambodia one week before therefore I thought that it might be malaria or dengue). Thank goodness it wasn´t malaria or dengue but It was a bacterium due to the indian food!!! A few hours later the fewer was reduced that we could go back to our hotel. 2 hours later I started with the same symptoms..... As I ate only few pieces of the chicken it was not soooo bad. But we had to take Ciprofloxacin for 5 days....NEVER GO TO NAZIMS in LUANG PRABANG!!!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have lost count of the number of times I've gone back to this place .2Being an Indian i couldnt have asked for more . I was so happy with the food i took my partner who's Croatian there as well and he equally enjoyed the food . He had d butter chicken and paneer makhani with cheese naan , i tried the chicken biryani and reshmi kabab ,finger licking good next day i had the masala dosa and veg samosa also yum .The ambience is pretty ok . Location wise is perfect , a brisk 2 min walk down to the night market. The prices are decent .If you are looking to try some indian i would recommend trying.