Aham Corner Guesthouse (Aussie Sports Bar & Guesthouse)
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$140
$107
$188
$74
$130
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Apsara Rive Droite(Luang Prabang)
$103
$86
$87
Trip.com
Maison Dalabua Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$63
Sokdee Residence(Luang Prabang)
$14
$13
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here by chance as there was some goof up in the hotel we had reserved and they accommodated us here instead. What a lucky find. Good sized and comfortable room, great location where you can watch tak bat from. If you make it in time, you can watch the first alms of the day with hymns being recited a few steps ahead of the hotel. Staff was courteous, efficient and prompt.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We spent 2 nights here and loved everything about this place! Perfect location, clean room (we were upgraded for free due to a cancellation and the owner's kindness) and a huge bathroom. We ate dinner here and it was very good as well, with excellent service. But, what sets this place apart is the owner, John. He is SO kind and beyond helpful. When I arrived, I had been dealing with food poisoning for 3 days and wasn't getting better. He told me immediately what kind of medication I needed and then gave me several pills to get started! He was right, my own antibiotics, prescribed by my MD in the US, did not touch whatever I had and if it hadn't been for John, I might have been sick for another week, or longer!!! He was so friendly and helpful in every way. An added bonus, the monks in the morning are visible from the balcony upstairs, you don't have to leave the guesthouse to see them! Highly recommended place to stay in Luang Prabang!

Visited December 2013

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a slightly larger room, with a very nice bathroom! I believe it was room #4.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelforfunSeattle
Reviewed December 5, 2013

After arriving in Luang Prabang we were surprised to find a place that was showing the All Black Ireland rugby match. Once there we didn't leave. John the owner went out of his way on a daily basis to help us out with anything we needed. Nice and clean accommodation, good food and the hospitality shown to us by John and his friendly staff made our stay at the Aham Corner Guesthouse definitely one I would recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It was such a warm welcome when I arrived in this guesthouse. The people, the place, the room!
You might think: 'hm, Aussies, sports, Western food? Do I want that on my trip to Asia?'. Yes, you do! John, his wife and staff will do everything to let you have the best stay in this beautiful city. The bedrooms are beautiful, cozy, spacy, all made of dark wood and they have a rain shower!!
Try to make a choice looking at the menu card, I dare you to pick what you want within the minute. You can't, it is all so good! Do try the fish and chips and the Kakkadew stew.
Yes, at this Aussie you pay a bit more then you might in another guesthouse. But come on! Treat yourself to the best stay at the most beautiful spot you will find in LP.
If you have your doubts, just drop by. Have the staff let you show the rooms. Have a chat with John. Taste his food. You know that you are home.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

You don't get any rooms as good as these for the same price.
The staff is welcoming and very friendly! The rooms are fashionable and clean with lots of light.
There's no doubt about it. This must be the best place to stay in Luang Prabang within this price range.

• Stayed: November 2013