“Very good experience”

Aham Corner Guesthouse (Aussie Sports Bar & Guesthouse)
Ranked #83 of 265 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Friendly guy,rooms are nice,comfortable for a good price.
Have not tried the dinner,but everything was friendly.staff also.
They have advised us the local places to see,etc...
Definately a good and quiet place.
Thanks John

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I recently travelled to Luang Prabang and I booked 5 nights at the Aham Corner Guesthouse based on the reviews here and I'm so glad I did.
I must admit I was a little aprehensive prior to arriving, you never know exactly what you're going to get. This was compounded by the fact my taxi driver didn't know where it was.
On arriving, after a little confusion (which was my fault), John (the owner) showed me to my room.
Travelling solo I don't really need a lot of space, but the room was more than ample for me to spread my stuff out. I had a room downstairs and it was clean, really comfortable bed, basic shower (with hot water) and a television (if that's what you need). All in all, the room was really comfortable.
Location is fantastic. Its close to all the sites, markets, restaurants and bars. You can walk to most places, the only time I caught a tuk tuk was to go to the airport.
John helped me with most things that I needed know and he even helped with where to go in Bangkok. He even invited me to their party to celebrate their 2nd anniversary.
Bar/Restaurant staff are great and you can not fault the service. Oh and the food is great. They only serve western food, but its still good.
I had a standard room in the low season for $20US a night and I reckon this place is fantastic.
This place is essentially a bar with a few rooms (I think 5 in total) but don't let that put you off. I
I loved my stay at Aham Corner Guesthouse (Aussie Sports Bar)
I Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There is no safe in the room. After a day or so, I soon realised its not really warranted. The use o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The bedrooms are nicely furnished with dark timber. It has separate toilet and shower witch is something you normally don't get at this price. The rooms have no view and there is a bit of road noise. But it gets quite late at night. I also had breakfast witch is extra and a little bit expensive for Laos. But it was well cooked and I have enjoyed it. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in the guest house in January 2013. The positives of our stay included the very personal attention we were given by the hosts John and Jenny. Nothing was too much trouble. Another highlight was the food in the restaurant. It was great to have an opportunity to eat high quality western food. John made sure to provide lots of extras when we did eat in the restaurant. The room we had was comfortable but probably a little dark. Nothing a sky light wouldn't fix. The toilet paper was the best of any hotel we stayed in during out entire stay in Thailand and Lao. Thanks John and Jenny.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was visiting Luang Prabang after 11 years and had tried to plan everything out as meticulously as possible. Seeing the all excellent reviews for the Aussie Guest House, we booked 6 nights here. We had a great time and no regrets! The rooms are excellent and as some other people have commented, the bedding is of very high quality. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to recommend them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food served at the restaurant is excellent. High quality and reasonable prices. The staff are friendly and well trained. And their excellent service and presentation makes the dining experience a pleasure. I happily sat in the restaurant and bar for many a relaxed hour and simply read a book and enjoyed the company. John and Jenny also have a nice book library where you can find something you may not have read or even do a swap for a book you have finished.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was a blessing that I booked this guesthouse. It offers more than I ever dreamed of.
I got upgraded to a better room as an elderly couple requested for the room on the ground floor. Location of the guesthouse is great, a short walk from everywhere and the monks passes by the guesthouse in the morning.
John is super helpful and understanding when I had to delay my arrival by one day. He also gave the best advise about Luang Prabang and hooked me up with some ladies for a day trip to Kuang Si Waterfall.
I would definitely recommend staying here!!! Thanks John... :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo