Mekong Holiday Villa by Xandria
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$192
Burasari Heritage(Luang Prabang)
$137
$123
  • Breakfast included
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
$380
$87
Trip.com
$119
$63
$150
$124
  • Breakfast included
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$73
$68
$86
$79
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel was excellent value for money and ideally located opposite the river and a short stroll to the night markets and main areas. The staff were exceptional, especially Felix who seemed to be there most of the time. The smile went a long way in making us feel at home. Initially we were going to stay there 2 nights, but ended up staying there five., The showers were great and I loved being able to make a cup of tea in the lobby anytime night or day. would stay there again.

Room Tip: choose an upstairs room as sometimes noise travels.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrishyAuckland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It is a great hotel in great location. Staff personal is very friendly and helpful. No problems, no issues. Wi-Fi was okay. Could be better, but I didn't expect Wi-Fi to be presented at all. Two PCs in the lobby have Internet access. Hot water was off for 15 mins in two mornings of four I stayed. That was inconvenient. In the instructions sheet they ask to take shoes off in the lobby when go to the second floor... That was new to me. And it didn't seem like it was a cultural request (Lao take shoes off at the entrance). I guess, they are trying to save the floors. I did take my shoes off when it was raining outside. No breakfast. Overall, if I was coming back to Luang Prabang, I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our trip to Laos began with our debit card to working at the airport. We thankfully had enough Vietnamese Dongs to exchange to cover the visas. We were picked up the airport but the hostel by two men. After chatting with the men, we discovered one of them, Dan, was the owner. We arrived and checked in. Our bags were carried to our room while we were checking in. We immiediately went to an ATM to take out money, as we only had 27 USD on us. We then found out that our debit card wasn't working on any ATM. We then tried our credit cards and both of them weren't working either.

We went back to the hotel and found Dan. He offered to drive us to other ATMs in the non tourist part of the city. After that he gave us his phone and allowed us to call our bank in Hong Kong and our credit card in Canada. When all was said and done, our bank card stripe was broken and the credit cards were not set up for withdrawing money. So after day one in Laos we had no money and no access to it. To say it was stressful, would be an understatement. Dan however offered to loan us money till we got back to Bangkok, where there was a Standard Charter branch. We didn't end up needing it as we had money wired to us from my mother, but Dan's support and generosity meant so much to us.

We were scheduled to stay 2 nights and we ended up staying 5. Laos is beautiful and the hotel is amazing. Dan is a hotelier from some of the tp hotels in Toronto, Bangkok, and Hanoi, and his hotel reflects it. The bathrooms are large and clean. The bed is large and very comforable by western standards, not to mention Asian standards. The service from the staff is incredible and they're so friendly. One person said she didn't like how the front is unmanned at times. If it is, look outside. They're generally right there. Otherwise, if it is the mid-day, they're on break, like the rest of the country. It's customary. So it is manned by one of the cleaning staff who do not speak English. Guess what, your problems can wait an hour. My no money problems did. I found out at about noon and took a nap till 2pm like the rest of the country, waiting for someone to return.

Honestly, for the price you're paying, you will not find a better place. It's a block from the night market, morning market, National Museum, many temples, and it sits across the street from the Mekong River. This is our fifth week of traveling in south-east Asia, and its the best hotel/hostel we've found. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Clean beds, clean bathrooms, and friendly customer service for $25 a night. No breakfast is served here even though it says it when you book it. I do not know about the other employees but Yeng was a sweet guy at the desk who helped us out with everything! He was so helpful, he gave us a map, and told us where we could find everything! By the way, this hotel is close to the morning market, the night market, and has a view of the river. Rent a bike around here for 20,000 kip (~$2) and see the place in a day and eat French pastries! I loved Luang Prabang! It was so lush and peaceful. Walk a block behind this hotel and find cab drivers to take you on a day trip to the Kuang Si Falls! Its a must see day trip! If you get a group of 4 ppl together it should cost 40,000 kip (there and back) they leave around 11 AM everyday and you make a deal with them on when you want to get back (we decided to meet the driver and come back at 3:30 and got back to the main town at 4PM and it was plenty of time). Don't forget to bring your bathing suit! There's a great swimming spot at these falls! Have a great time!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed in a few hotels in Luang Prabang last June, and of all the hotels I've stayed in, this is by far the best I've stayed in, the rooms are great, gives off a woody and villa feel. The room was great, clean and pretty big, I think it's worth more than the price it offered, felt that it's value for money.

The staffs were great, very friendly, gave us friendly smiles whenever we come down from the rooms or back to the hotel. Gave helpful tips and directions around places to visit. Nice ambience and atmosphere. It's also very near to town center, and even though near, we don't really hear any hustle and bustle of the town at all as contrary to comments by other travellers.

I would like to stay in this hotel again if I were to visit LP again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends