“Beautiful, relaxing stay”

Ranked #4 of 259 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Beautiful, relaxing stay”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Don't be put off by the name as I highly recommend this as the best place to stay while in Luang Prebang. The property was beautiful, relaxing and very clean, a great place to be after a long, hot day of sight seeing. Bungalow accommodation is extremely private and our outdoor balcony with french doors was definitely a bonus.
Although My Dream is abit out of town it is not difficult to arrange a Tuk Tuk for a small fee. Being amongst the locals adds to the character and you can also participate in the morning Alms ceremony amongst the locals and without the bustle of all the other tourists. Hotel staff very happy to help you participate and arrange offerings to provide to the local Monks ( I would highly recommend the early morning start).
Hotel Manager extremely helpful and giving of his time.
The hotel restaurant was a very pleasant surprise, high quality and tasty Laos foods. It is prepared fresh to order and you can see the kitchen is extremely clean.
A very enjoyable stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank redmonkey72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Hotel is located on tropical, relaxing grounds with lots of beautiful trees and plants. Has a very relaxed vibe. It was immaculately clean, and the beds were so comfortable. We ate at the restaurant several times, which had a great Lao and Western menu, with similar prices to restaurants in town. About a 15-20m walk into town and the night markets (across the bamboo bridge), and a free shuttle also provided. Breakfast was ok. Best tip? Bring lots of high quality mozzie repellent - because the hotel is close to the river they are everywhere, even in the rooms themselves. Language is also sometimes a bit of a barrier with the staff, but we always got there in the end. A good experience, happy to recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarey86
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here during our Honeymoon in one of the private bungalows. After getting into some bad food at another establishment (I'll write a separate review for that), the owner ensured that the cooks brought us rice soup to ease our stomachs in the three days it took for us to recover. They were extremely helpful and concerned for our health and the quality of our experience there. We were eventually nursed back to health, and had a chance to enjoy the amazing (and safe) food the My Dream Boutique Resort has to offer, sit out on the veranda above the pool and take in the air, and explore the nearby central Luang Prabang. This place is near the center of the action, but being across the river by foot bridge, not so close that it's not peaceful when you're back in the hotel. Totally fantastic service, amazing place. I will without question stay there again should I ever return to Luang Prabang.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We just spent three days here..it was truly a DREAM spot.comfortable rooms,the best breakfast on my journey ( the yohgurt is to die for).Very friendly and accomodating staff and a nice cold pool after a hot day touring..highly reccomend this place

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Canadianguy1510
annie270
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here last May based on various reviews and I couldn't have been more surprised. It was way over my expectations. The staff was kind, the rooms were clean, and the town was amazing. When we checked in we were able to sit on the veranda overlooking the bungalows and enjoy some really good authentic cuisine.

The room itself is like something out of a dream so it fits the name well. We had a suite with two beds, a sitting area, and a lovely patio deck where we could sit and look at the lush greenery in the garden. there was very pretty whimsical netting and curtains. It was a glorious stay and one of the reasons I hope to go back to Luang Prabang. If you go, be sure to rent a scooter and visit the waterfalls! It will save you a ton of time over a taxi and it is a beautiful ride with minimal traffic up the mountain.

Room Tip: Go for the suites. It's only a little more for a good amount of space and amenities. But the ent...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank annie270
the Netherlands
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a wonderful stay of 5 nights in February of this year. A spacious (bath)room and the large balcony was a bonus. But what we enjoyed most were the nice pool and garden. The breakfast was big, the best we had in Laos and the staff is very, very friendly! An easy walk or bike ride takes you to the centre of Luang Prabang.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

This was our little oasis in Luang Prabang!

The hotel was only a short walk over the bamboo bridge (an experience itself) to the main part of town or a short drive on the free shuttle bus.

The rooms were clean and spacious, breakfast was great and the good in the restaurant was tasty.

Make sure you get up for sunrise and watch the monks passing the entry to the hotel in the morning.

A great stay and I would highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple