“So lovely that I had to return!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Dream Boutique Resort

My Dream Boutique Resort
Ranked #3 of 259 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“So lovely that I had to return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was delighted to be able to return recently to this wonderful hotel (which I last reviewed a year ago). It was every bit as lovely as I remembered it. It is beautifully and simply designed and is set in attractive, peaceful gardens which go down to the river. The management and staff are friendly, kind, attentive and cheerful so that I felt completely relaxed and well looked after throughout my stay. As the hotel is a short way out of the historic centre, it benefits from a tranquil setting, yet it is easy to reach the centre by various means: the bamboo bridge in season, bicycle, tuk tuk or the shuttle service at certain times of the day.

I've been fortunate to stay in quite a number of high standard hotels around the world and I believe there is something very special about this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ruth C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here for four nights at the beginning of November. This place was/is stunning - good sized clean rooms; excellent breakfast; attentive staff; clean swimming pool; tranquil gardens and at a good price. We had to move somewhere else for the last two days of our stay as the Hotel was full and we did therefore have a comparison on what we looked at and where we stayed - suffice to say there is no comparison - book here. Don't worry about the location the hotel will get a tuk-tuk for you and it does not cost much and you are helping the economy as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beats21
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

My Dream is a lovely hotel, my husband I loved it. It is a 10 minute walk to town over the bamboo bridge, or otherwise take the free bikes the hotel has on offer and cycle. We stayed in the bungalow suite and it was pure relaxation. A terrace overlooking the well kept gardens, comfortable beds, sitting area and a large spacious bathroom with bath overlooking the bungalows private garden and separate shower.
The staff are very helpful and nice and nothing is a problem for them to help you with.
The breakfast is excellent with fruit, muesli, muffins, different types of bread, cheese, tomatoes, fresh squeezed juice as well as a selection of hot Asian dishes. You could also order eggs.
The hotel has a nice pool area where we also hung out for an afternoon where you can order drinks and snacks.
Wifi works in the restaurant and next to the pool and they have a laptop for guest use in the reception. The only very small negative I have is that the wifi doesn't work in the bungalow and the TV is very old. Both things not a big deal for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carolyn H
bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Lovely quaint hotel with a personal touch. Free use of push bikes and 3 free daily transfers to town per day- although the first one was after midday. As the bamboo bridge wasn't constructed at the time - 25 nov, we chose to walk- the quickest way ( a good 20 min) was via the "old" bridge. Which maybe safe to drive across - only motos and bicycles allowed (not cars / tuktuks- they have to go the long way round; walking across was hairy to say the least- some planks definitely need nailing down, it was high and very unsafe. That said if you like a beautiful retreat and don't mind fitting in with the transfers or riding a bike then it's a lovely hotel with good staff of which communication could sometimes be a problem but generally the manager was there to translate. The tomatoes and jam at breakfast was to die for! All in all good hotel, shame about the location- maybe the bamboo bridge would have made a difference to our experience.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank bodwen
SomnuekLuangPrabang, Owner at My Dream Boutique Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments on our hotel and that you cherished the food and kindness of our staff in particular. The location of MY DREAM BOUTIQUE RESORT is only a little bit far from the city center during the high water level season of the Namkhan River. From December onwards (it has been opened recently) the bamboo bridge is a convenient shortcut from our hotel until the rainy season sets in. However, it takes some time to construct it. For the rest of the year we offer our free-of-cost-bicycles and the car shuttle service. Furthermore we would like to mention that our WIFI system has been improved to meet the latest available technical standard.

The management
at MY DREAM BOUTIQUE RESORT
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked this place as it was a great budget option for LP. I'm so glad we did, a true gem just by the river. LP town is a 5-10 min walk just across the old bamboo bridge. It's a great location, has a pool and the breakfast is of good quality. Wifi is available, but intermittent in downloading and the rooms clean. The local Buddhist monks walk past the entrance to the b&b every sunrise. I would recommend this place and didn't forget to arrange a free pick up from the airport.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Don't miss it ! this IS the best ever value for money you'll get and no need to spend 200 US staying in a fancy place, as you will get the same amount of luxury and pampering here for less than half.
Having been many times to Luang and having stayed at many hotels, from 2 to 5 star, THIS is the place. Set in a beautiful and peaceful garden overlooking the river, My Dream offers all you can ask, from traditional wooden rooms with balcony, to a great breakfast buffet, via a lovely swimming pool, free wifi, bicycles and airport transfers. The staff goes out of it' way to help and though not in the middle of town (thank god...), it's a 5 minute bike or tuktuk ride or a 15 minute walk to downtown. Luang has become a bit of a circuls over the last few years. Still lovely to visit, but dozens and dozens of hotels and guesthouses in town, very close to each other, many with karaoke, was not my idea of a peaceful night. So yes, My Dream become also my dream. Besides, the owner sponsors local students, helping them with language courses and internet access. So, one more reason to go for it !

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms, with a view, are worth the extra few dollars, but regular rooms are just as good...