“Highly recommended”

My Dream Boutique Resort
Ranked #4 of 271 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed 2 nights with 3 motorbikes. The owner of this resort is very very friendly and kind. The rooms are decorated and designed very well. Value for money. Staffs were very friendly and helpful. Me and my friends will come back again next year....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a lovely stay here, Very good value. Located on the Khan River side of Luang Prabang, this is definitely more like a resort, very relaxing but easily accessble from the main drag. Staff were lovely and very helpful - nothing was too much to research or advise on! Very reasonable drink and food menu and lovely handmade items for sale to support a good educational cause.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views and those at the back and higher up probably best. Great family room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I like hotels that give you the right value for money, either small guesthouses, small resorts (like this!) or big 5-6 star hotels. If the value is right, then I'm happy. And MY DREAM got exactly this right. The rooms were exactly what we needed, the restaurant cheap and good, the staff super friendly and the owner (his dream!) a very decent man. Plus, its scenic, there are bikes, a pool and cool beers in the fridge. great!

Room Tip: The bungalows are nice!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed 10 days in this resort in June 2012 - it was wonderful.
It is a small resort, very charming and you feel very welcome.
The staff was extremely friendly and caring.
Rooms are beautiful, clean. We had a garden bungalow and it was spacious enough to add extra beds for our 2 children.
The pool is small but great - after a morning of sightseeing we loved to relax there and our children could have a swim.
Breakfast was adequate, with Asian and well as European selection of food. The Lao coffee was just delicious.
We ate lunch at the hotel on one occasion and it was very good.
We took the bikes every day to cycle into the village - our children being 10 and 12, we just had them on the back of our bikes as traffic can be a bit scary and manic. Staff put fresh towels every day on the back of the bikes so they could sit comfortably!
Crossing the large bridge by bike or by foot is an experience!!!
In the evenings, we took the free shuttle service to the town and back. Very easy and convenient. It gives you enough time for a stroll and dinner.
Evelyn was very helpful with good recommendations where to eat, what to do etc.
Our children spend a lovely time with the gardener building toys out of bamboo, shooting fruit out of the trees etc.
The hotel picked us up from the airport and dropped us back there.
Free wifi at the reception area.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone and I am looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Choose a graden bungalow. They have nice views and get more light. Have a little terrasse too.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank steph2812
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Four nights were spent at My Dream which was an idea amount of time to spend in Luang Prabang. One and a half days to browse around town, another at the falls and one on the mighty Mekong. From the booking process, which was done directly with the resort to the send off to the airport, everything went smoothly. As an experienced traveller I was looking for an up market and boutiquish accommodation that was well priced which I found at My Dream. The resort provides free pickup and drop off to the airport and shuttle service to town for those folks who don't want to be bother with the short walk over the bamboo bridge. While staying at the resort I discovered it was owned and run by a local gentleman and that a part of the profits are given to fund projects in the village he grew up, it's quite an amazing story from a humble beginning to being a resort owner. You would love your stay there, my wife and I did.

Room Tip: for the slight extra cost get the bungalow, they are all lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank raod
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very much enjoyed our stay at My Dream. The property is lovely, as are the rooms. Appreciated the mosquito netting as I am generally their "bait." Easy walk to town if the bamboo bridge hasn't washed away.
Breakfast was adequate. People were super nice and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank itchyfeetRTW
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent 3 relaxing nights at My Dream and would absolutely recommend it. The garden bungalow was lovely and the swimming pool relaxing during the afternoon heat. We found the staff very helpful and friendly, although for some English was limited. The walk to town over the bamboo bridge was quick and provided nice scenery. We usually walked into town for dinner and then took the shuttle back to the hotel afterwards. The garden is large and beautifully landscaped with two thatched pavilions that are nice to sit and read in. Although the hotel doesn't have an on-site spa they can arrange for a massage either in your room or in one of the thatched pavilions. One hour is $15 and I was very pleased with the quality.
Things we enjoyed:
-The hotel also provides very nice bikes, some with a child's seat, for free. One day we took the bikes and took the ferry across the Mekong and rode around, which was a lot of fun.
- The morning market in town, near the royal museum, was interesting and fun. The small pancakes with coconut milk are delicious.
- Watching the sunset over the Mekong. If you take the bamboo bridge over to the Luang Prabang peninsula and take a right and walk all the way to its tip there is a nicely situated bar/restaurant that provides great views of the Nham Khan and Mekong confluence. This is a spot for a drink as the sun sets.
- After the sun sets walk back on the same road and you will pass the Apsara Hotel and Restaurant. The restaurant here was excellent! This was by far our best meal in Luang Prabang. Skip the restaurant next door thats packed with people because its mentioned in Lonely Planet and eat here instead. The food was so much better at the Apsara.
- Naga Creations in town has lovely and unique jewelry.

Overall, My Dream provided a wonderful base for Luang Prabang and the rooms are a good value, especially if you book through Agoda. Its not located in town, which provides plenty of room to relax at the hotel. And its easy to either walk into town or take the hotel shuttle.

Room Tip: There are 4 garden bungalows each with a large balcony. These are roomy and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple