“6 magical days in Luang Prabang staying at My Dream Resort”

Ranked #4 of 264 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“6 magical days in Luang Prabang staying at My Dream Resort”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stumbled on to this magical place by chance and are very pleased we did. Divine new hotel just over the old bridge, ambience is very relaxed, with superior rooms. Staff very welcoming and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast supplied within the price and this was very good, with lots of choice (they even would do a poached egg). There is a fantastic pool and the garden is a feature with plenty of room to chill out and take in the river view. All in all this was a fabulous place to stay and we were sad to depart. Only a 10 minute walk from the main part of the town. Only a few minutes walk to the fabulous Dyen Sabai Restaurant which has been rated highly in lonely planet. NB you can take a short cut to across the river at the restaurant, via boat.

Room Tip: for extra space choose the riverview bungalow....
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank elizabeth t
SomnuekLuangPrabang, Owner at My Dream Boutique Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! We really appreciate it. You mentioned so many things that we think travellers would find useful - from the staff (who we're very proud of) to the pool, the peacefullness, the river view, that we're just a ten-minute stroll from the center of town, and even the poached eggs! (Breakfast is important to us - after all, it starts the day!)

Thank you again, Elizabeth, and we hope we see you again soon.

With Best Regards
The Management Team
My Dream Boutique Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We realy liked this new resort with a mix of Lao and Japanese styles. The staff was super friendly and helpfull. They have a great transport service (wich you need because of the location) to the city and airport. You also can use the bikes, for free! The breakfast was very good and even made it better with the view from the terace. What i also liked is that they use 2% of the income for social projects. I realy recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Kommerk
Dear Kommerk,

Thank you so much for posting this review. It helps us all: travellers as well as My Dream. We're particularly glad you enjoyed the free bicycles. Cycling really is a great way to see Luang Prabang! And thank you for mentioning the school projects too. We have identified a school that is in desperate need of repair, in the village of Ban Ber Chek, an hour's drive south of Luang Prabang. We're going to completely re-build it, and that will mean a new school for 220 students. You'll be able to see it on our website soon.

Thank you again Kommerk, and we hope some day to see you again!

With Best Regards