“"Most Memorable Stay"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Phou Savanh
Ranked #90 of 200 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: European, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Phou Savanh is renowned as one of the best restaurants in Luang Prabang. Our culinary team awakens your palate to a fusion of new flavours. Inventive French cuisine is delicately enhanced with traditional Laotian touches. Choose to sit indoors, in sophisticated comfort, or venture outside and enjoy the captivating view of Mount Phousi. In the evening, experience the romantic glow of candles and lanterns hung among the shrubs and trees of the hotel's lush gardens.
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Most Memorable Stay"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had a marvellous stay at La residence Phou Vao. It's wonderful interiors, fantastic services and excellent dinning too. My room was the pool over look, surrounding by trees and natural atmosphere. I had fantastic relaxing time during my stay, it was amazing get away from my work and my busy life style in Bangkok. The team here were wonderful, professional and lovely. I also had the most relaxing spa here and i think it is absolutely the best spa in Luang Prabang, i was in love with their spa so much i had it two days in the row! I would like to say " A big thank you to La Residence Phou Vao team who made my stay became the most memorable trip. And i would certainly visit here again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank YingSirilak

Sydney, Australia
“Gorgeous setting for a special dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with tables in and outside looking over the pool and hills. Service is very good and the local Laos food excellent. Ingredients are fresh and top quality. It is very expensive compared to all the other restaurants in Luang Prabang but the setting is great.

Visited October 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Special evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed a dinner at Phou Savanh restaurant. The setting is remarkable as we dined poolside overlooking the mountains of Luang Prabang. The menu offered an Asian selection and a Mediterranean selection. We opted for the former and weren't disappointed. Each course was presented beautifully and they seemed to capture the essence and flavor of the region. The restaurant manager recommended a wonderful wine from their ample collection. We especially enjoyed the service as the staff went out of their way to make our last evening there a memorable one.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GoMauka
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful romantic evening as a special birthday treat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We blew our travel budget a little for my birthday meal. My boyfriend and I enjoyed our night immensely. The service was beyond charming and the staff even sang me a very cute 'Happy Birthday' when they brought out my dessert with a candle in. We had our only Western meal while in Laos and it was a very good standard. 7 courses!! The only complaint is that they came out in too quick succession- we would have liked time between each course. But, a lovely evening and very enjoyable.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paris
“so romantic but at a price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel, bars and grounds are absolutely fabulous. At night, you are greeted with twinkling lanterns and candles outside, and a beautiful setting inside. The tables were not set on the terrace the night we went, so we ate inside with the windows open. The food was innovative and very good, I would not say excellent, The service was efficient and friendly, but then for the price we paid, it should be. Again by western standards, I suppose 50 dollars per person is not too over the top, but for Laos, it is top price. Definitely worth it though, if only to feel somehow part of the 'jet set'!!!!.

• Visited March 2013