“My ethnicity is Hmong, and seeing my people highlighted in this show was amazing!”
Review of Ethnik Fashion Show - CLOSED

Ethnik Fashion Show
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 49 different ethnic groups can be found living in Laos. Most of these groups continue to dress in traditional costumes passed down by their ancestors.To showcase these colorful creations, Hive Bar and Smokehouse, is presenting a live Ethnic Fashion Show in Luang Prabang.Twenty Lao models parade down the catwalk over 95 different outfits with intricate designs including traditional jewelry, headwear, and ceremonial outfits, basketry and baby carriers used by the different ethnicities. The show is held at Hive Bar & Restaurant starting at 7pm, Tuesday through Saturday, in a beautiful outdoor garden setting. On hand at the Hive Bar, the staff are ready to answer any questions you might have. Afterwards, guests are welcome to stay and soak up the atmosphere of the premier nightspot of Luang Prabang, Hive bar & Restaurant.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was born in America, and being able to come back to my roots in Northern Laos and see this fashion show was amazing. It really made me feel proud to be recognized with a show like this. It has been by far the best Hmong Fashion show that I've ever seen, being that I've seen many in America and also recently Australia.

Whether you understand the intricacy of the designs and the meaning behind the woven patters or not, this details of the show from the music, to the simple but effective choreography, to the lighting and facade of the environment are all well worth it.

Before going I didn't know what to expect but still mentioned it to other travelers on the street and in my hostel. I was really happy to see that half of the crowd were all people that i suggested it to.

Although the show is free, please donate at the end and help with the performers in their time and exchange of culture :) It's a high quality show for free and you'd feel horrible if you didn't donate :)

1  Thank Hmong509

Reviewed April 16, 2014

What a great way to understand the many cultures that made up the Lao population. The show is free and is featured at the Hive Bar/restaurant. Definitely worth checking out.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was fabulous and fun! It was awesome to see so many ethnic costumes and the university student models were so happy! We loved the blend of very old and very new. The hiphop dancers were great to watch. The mojitos and pizzas were a nice way to end the day. EVen our 11-year old son had a good time! I cannot stress how cool it was to bring the traditional dress to the catwalk. You had to smile!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I and my wife had been to Luang Prabang on vacation last month. Both of us had been busy for almost a year and never quite got a chance to go for a vacation. So we wanted this break of ours to be memorable. This was a different experience of sorts. Our tour guide recommended us this one show on our recent trip to Luang Prabang. It was great to see students in colorful costumes participating in a one hour show. Colorful dresses and wonderful show. The hip-hop dancing event at the end of the show was fantastic. The kids looked from tribal background and did a fine job here.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Gorgeous, elegant girls who are actually students put on a truly stunning show by modelling their traditional dresses and costumes.
The whole show is slick, the girls endearing, really interesting and well presented.
And as for the hip hop boys ..WOW!!
Support this bar because the very nice owner is doing a great job there and the whole thing is free.
The food is good too!
Go early, have a few drinks and make sure you tip both the models and dancers!

1  Thank jackiellis