“Brand new Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Kuching, Malaysia
“Brand new Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

The rooms are beautifully decorated and the staff are just so lovely, helpful.The spa massage that I had was excellent. The food was delicious and the menu was well thought out.We were there 1 night and all was perfect.Services were excellent,especially the breakfast.I can't recommend this resort enough.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind note and especially for taking time to share your experience of your recent stay with us.
We really appreciate your compliments on our staff members, which I am pleased to share with them and which I am sure will motivate them even more to continuously strive for perfection and to thoroughly delight our guests all the time.
Once again thank you for choosing Kiridara as your holiday destination and already today we look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful property in the not too distant future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

The very new hotel is based a little out of the centre but it's really a short walk or shuttle bus ride away. It meant. That one was away from the rabble. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the staff are just so lovely, helpful and eager to please. If I were being picky, I'd say it's probably very, very slightly rough around the edges service wise but personally I think that's part of their charm. The spa massage that I had was excellent. The food was delicious and the menu was well thought out. The pool was a blissful place to be after touring the country's glorious sights. Really enjoyed my experience. Thank you!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind lines you left in Trip Advisor and for taking time to share your experience with us.

Your valuable and encouraging comments will certainly motivate us to continuously strive for excellence and achieve our vision to become the finest hotel in the world.

In the meantime, wishing you all the best and looking forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel in the not too distant future.

Francis Fernades
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We were there 3 nights and all was perfect. Our 2 children loved the pool as did we , with the incredible view of the lush green rolling hills . Service and food were excellent , especially the breakfast which was a feast in itself. Staff were very thoughtful and hung on our every word. We borrowed bikes from the hotel and rode around town twice which was very enjoyable and relaxing.We met some very charming Australians who were also staying in the hotel and we very much enjoyed chatting with round the pool went with for a drink . All in all there is nothing to fault the hotel!! If we go back to LP we will definitely stay in the Kiridara.

Room Tip: I guess ring up and discuss what they have avaialble.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ReggieRex
Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind note and I am glad to learn you and your family thoroughly enjoyed and had a great experience.

It is always with pleasure to receive compliments on our hotel and staffs, which I am delighted to share with our team members and which I am sure will spur them even further to constantly strive for perfection and deliver truly Kiridara Moments.
We sincerely hope you will keep fond memories of Kiridara and that it will be not too long a time, till we will be able to welcome you back to our “Beautiful Hotel”.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We just had a fantastic stay at the Kiridara Hotel in Luang Prabang. The staff were extremely attentive and really tried hard to please. As it's a new hotel there are some teething problems but they are offering good deals during this period so it's a fantastic chance to get a great hotel at reasonable rates. This hotel will be booked up in the future - it's likely to be the number one hotel in LB.

The pool is fantastic and although there are only 10 sun loungers, there are only 24 rooms and we never had a problem getting a lounger by the pool.

Fantastic place, stay there if you can.

3 Thank DaveT59
FrancisLaos, Hotel manager at Kiridara, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
DearDave
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

We only stayed 3 night during our 5 week trip in SE asia and wish we could have stayed for longer. The rooms are superb all overlooking the beautiful infinity pool and the Phousi mountain. The service fantastic - local staff had great English, GM was really friendly and made effort to get to know us. The food delicious and really reasonably priced for a resort - in fact although the resort is priced at the the 4 star level the service and ambience if definitely 5 star quality.

Nothing was too much trouble - we arrived late and they opened the restaurant especially, shuttles to town were complimentary and they offered to pick us up from town if we gave them a call - although it was easier to jump on a tuk tuk than to borrow a phone in town. Town is within walking/biking distance (bikes are also complimentary), one bit of advice is to take a hotel card - it's new and some of the tuk tuk drivers don't know where it is and don't speak English but will recognise the signage.

The most amazingly soft and luxurious beds are worth a mention in asia where rock solid beds seem like the norm.

I can't recommend this resort enough, having just read the weird review below I'd like to add I felt really safe in the resort we left our door open half the time when we were at the pool or the restaurant.

4 Thank LindaZhou
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear Linda,

Greetings from Kiridara Hotel, Luang Prabang!

Francis Fernades
Hanoi, Dac Lac, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Hi everybody,
After staying 6 nights in KIRIDARA hotel, on 25/09/2011, we want to claim our anger and disapointment against this hotel…

In fact, we rent a good motobike in vientiane (Honda Bhaja 250, with contract insurance ) to have a bike trip in laos.
After staying 2 nights in luang prabang at kiridara hotel, and park the bike after locked it, in their private and safety parking (in front of the reception and with a security guard), the motobike was stolen.

At this moment the GM : Mr Francis FERNANDES promised us that they will take resonsibility of the bike theft and refundable us the excess of insurance
(1 500 USD).
But after 3 days waiting in luang prabang to make report theft to the Lao police, after asking ourself to the GM the accomodation to stay in Kiridara hotel, (because the GM don’t offer us nothing by himself), finally Mr Francis FERNANDES said us that the hotel don’t want to take responsibility of the bike theft and refundable us the excess insurance.

So our bike trip in laos was done since 3 days, and moreover we had to pay bike insurance to rental company, because KIRIDARA hotel didn’t want to take their own responsibility whereas it was their responsibility.

After that we ask to meet the owner of the Hotel : Miss Trang (Vietnamese woman) to find a solution. She just said us : « take the report theft done by the lao police, ask to a lao lawyer to support you…. And CHECK OUT… »
WAOUUUUH !!!!: what a great service from a 4.5 stars hotel , no ????

And moreover i need to mention that after writing a letter on my honor to make the report theft to the lao police, and ask cordially to the GM : Mr Francis Hernandes to print it before sign it, he modify himself my own honor delcaration to accuse the security company . In fact the GM write on my own letter that the security guard was sleeping when we come back hotel, and i never declare this one.
Is it honest for a General Manager of 4.5 stars hotel ???

One more thing the GM hotel don’t ask us by himself if we need a bus ticket to come back to vientiane. We ask him directly before he suggest us.

So i want to advice everybody on the dishonest and incompetent management of the KIRIDARA hotel, whereas the Lao staff was so nice with us.

Cordially and best regards. Bertrand Antoine

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tonio H
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Mr. Bertrand,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to share your experiences and comments in the Trip Advisor Review following your recent stay at our resort.

First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the loss of your motorbike.

Mr. Bertrand, we don’t agree that Kiridara Hotel did not provide you an answer pertaining to this incident. The Management of the Hotel made an immediate thorough investigation and also checked visitors and Kiridara personnel, who entered the hotel on the day you reported this to us. We have also interrogated people in question, but unfortunately with no success as none of them including our Security Officer on duty have seen that you brought a motorbike and parked in our hotel, so we therefore reported the case instantly to the Police Authority with your knowledge.

I fully agree with you that we didn’t acknowledge reimbursing you of your demand of US$ 1500 as our hotel is not legally responsible for it as already explained to you. In addition, Ms. Trang and myself had never neglected your stay in our hotel. In fact, we offered you a complimentary 4-day stay on full board basis as a gesture of goodwill and in the hope to reinstall your confidence with Kiridara Hotel.

Whilst I would not like to comment on each and every point raised, I must however point out that as a young hotel, we strive and pride itself in running all precautionary steps necessary to manage all health and safety aspects in each and every area; we are therefore in deep saddened that this unforeseen incident happened and caused such an inconvenience to you.

Please rest assured that we have set up a strong security procedure in our hotel and steps have been taken to ensure that a similar unexpected incident does not repeat itself.

I trust that this unfortunate incident will not cast a shadow of your stay with us and look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to Kiridara Hotel in the future.

With renewed thanks and apologies.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Spent a week in Luang Prabang at Kiridara. It was great, couldn't have asked for a better option with traveling alone. I didnt have much of an idea as to what I wanted to do for seven days and before I knew It I had everyday planned with the help of the excellent staff at kiridara. I felt very welcomed and taken care off. The rooms are spacious, clean and I had an amazing view( room 5). The pool is beautiful and one of a kind in luang prabang. I made use of the spa, which was so convenient, the treatments were great and the steam room was a highlight. I used the gym everyday, the equipment is new and works well. The spa manager Apple arranged for yoga class one evening which was very enjoyable. I really had a dream to
perhaps teach some English and help some children whilst in Luang Prabang, one of the staff members assisted me in making my dream come true. The hotel is a 25 min walk from the main street, but they have a shuttle to take you back and forth, to me I like the peace and quite kiridara had to offer. The general manager is always doing the rounds speaking to guests and trying to assist where ever possible. The staff generally from the front desk, waiters, spa therapist, cleaning staff and drivers were agrevilleaery helpful. The hotel arranged all my trips in house and I enjoyed all of them.Will definitely stay at Kiridara again.
with my

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Moonch
Thank you for your kind lines and glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a great pleasure having you with us and I’m personally delighted to learn that you had a good time on our beautiful hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,