“Great selection of authentic Lao textiles and other products”
Review of Ma Te Sai

Ma Te Sai
Ranked #8 of 28 Shopping in Luang Prabang
More attraction details
Owner description: Ma Te Sai means "where is it from?" In Lao. We choose and design beautiful gifts and household items that are hand made by people, from villages around Laos.
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I visited this shop in Luang Prabang after a friend told me about it, I was happy to find it open quite late as I was walking back to my guesthouse from dinner. The shop is well-organised and has a good selection of Lao products from across the country: home textiles, bags, cosmetics, scarves etc. The staff was able to tell me in very good English where all their products came from whenever I asked. I fell in love with these colourful placemats made of banana fibre and with natural dyes, and there were two adorable white kittens in the shop too. I wanted to get a lot more than what my budget allowed for at the time, will def go back next time!

2  Thank kirsmu
in 3 reviews
"shawl"
"recycled"

Reviewed June 2, 2011

My friends raved about this shop when they were in Luang Prabang so I decided to check out their website. It’s so pretty that I ordered some gorgeous (and cheap!) gifts for my friend’s baby. Staff were very prompt and helpful with my purchase and I was able to pay using PayPal. It arrived in Australia within the specified time and everything was exactly how it looked on the website. Highly recommend buying online from this great place!

3  Thank xang11
Reviewed May 26, 2011

A very nice shop indeed ! They offer a wide range of products, all made in Laos, by Lao people (unlike some other shops nearby…) I do recommend a visit, and as for me, I will surely visit their website regularly (again)
I bought my souvenirs, and presents for friends or relatives there. Felt proud the money I spent would reach the villages I couldn't visit.
The people are friendly, helpful (some speak French too !) and they explain their project well, which make you felle like an intelligent tourist ! Not bad !

2  Thank DenisinNorway
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This lovely little shop offers travelers the perfect opportunity to support local Laotians by buying a great range of fare-trade products. Love the belts, scrap metal braclets and bold coloured scarves. Enjoy the experience as did I!

2  Thank celestepumpkin