Phounsab Guesthouse
$87
$74
  • Breakfast included
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$222
$124
$129
$64
$86
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$73
$68
Agoda.com
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
$377
All reviewshot waterstreet foodnice bathroomgreat locationnight marketair conexcellent place to stayguest housenext morningdouble bedmount phousigood sizerooms are cleanshort walkfridgetvguesthouse
Reviewed March 31, 2013

What a beautiful guesthouse in a beautiful place in the world.
This family owned place was amazing. The service was fantastic, the rooms wonderful, the location excellent and the price was incredible.$50 per night US inc breakfast in Feb 2012.
I just cannot speak highly enough of this hotel which is in the Main Street next to the night markets and a shot walk anywhere really.
Loved it and will definitely not hesitate to stay here when I return to the beautiful Luang Prabang.

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is one of those rare times where the actual product is nicer than the pictures! My entire stay all the staff were extremely friendly and willing to help. When they first walked me up to my room, I immediately noticed the nice patio area just off the room, and was very impressed by how spotless the room was ...this was without a doubt the nicest place I stayed in Laos on this trip! The bed was comfortable and shower was good. The location is excellent as well, right in the heart of town, very close to the night market and other attractions in Luang Prabang. I would definitely stay here again and HIGHLY recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a choice of a $40/night room on the bottom floor but chose the $25/night room without the fridge and tv on the second floor and were very happy - room number 2. (there was a fridge in the hallway that we used and that worked for us) Despite being right on the busy street of restaurants and tour operators etc., and only a block or so away from the night market it was quiet in our room. The guesthouse has a central courtyard and our room faced onto it with a tiny balcony and so street noise is muffled in there. The rooms are cleaned if you ask for them to be cleaned and they are kept very clean. The air conditioning was good - it didn't freeze us out instantly but kept the room cool and mosquito-free. The bathroom was average and small but adequate. The toilet worked well. The shower was fine. Hot water took a couple of minutes to get there and when it did it was quite hot so just watch for that but once we were used to it, it was fine. The staff speak english very well and were very helpful. When we bought some salad stuff at the mornign market they were happy to loan us bowls and cutlery so we could eat it on our balcony. There is a staff person at the door 24 hours a day. We were able to leave for a few days and come back again with a small deposit which we got back immediately on return. The staff also arranged a tuktuk for us to the airport for the set $50,000 Kip. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eelgrasslady
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The place is ok, but why would you pay double the amount you can pay elsewhere?. I stayed there one night, I moved out the next morning because in the building next to the guesthouse there were people talking loud all night until 4 AM. The first place I found (Lao Lu Guesthouse) was much nicer than Phounsab and the price was half of what Phounsab charged me. Besides this place included breakfast and you could access internet from your room, not like Phounsab.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Moved to Phounsab after one disappointed night at another guest house around the corner (Phousy Guest House - see separate review). Had room 107 for $40 per night and stayed for six nights. Big room, efficient air conditioning, comfortable queen size bed, and a large and very clean bathroom (after one month in southeast Asia, the bed and bathroom were just what we needed). The rooms are set back from the street so very quiet. The staff are warm and welcoming. The wifi worked really well. Bottom line, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple