“best french bakery in LP”
Review of Le Banneton Cafe

Le Banneton Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Luang Prabang
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Excellant french bakery which also has a branck in Vientiane. Has over 30 types of bread & pastaries. Open from 6.30AM to about 9PM. Very good coffee. I am a regular there for my morning coffee & pastry. I can upload a photo.
Reviewed September 2, 2012

the baked goods are awesome, super croissants. the "other" food was so, so. service is slow and sometimes indifferent towards the customer

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very fresh and tasty, Le Banneton was conveniently located on our way back from Wat Xieng Thong. There were a few seats available so we figured we would try it out. We ordered quiche and a panini.

The quiche was excellent, however the panini left a little to be desired. Kind of like an overpriced grilled cheese sandwich (don't get me wrong, I love those too!). It was very tasty regardless. The salad was the best part with a dressing that was light but perfect for the salad. We decided to try some caramel ice cream for desert. It was excellent.

Another complaint was that I wanted to order Beer Lao (had not had one yet) and they were all out...big and small...which I thought was weird with it being 'the pride of Laos' when it comes to beverages. I shrugged it off and ordered Carlsberg...also out...okay. I wish they just didn't put it on the menu then. Nonetheless, I ordered a mango milkshake. $19000kip was a little expensive I thought, but I was out of options! Alas it arrived at the table and was delicious. Alls well that ends well.

I would recommend this spot for anyone looking for some nice bread for lunch or a quick snack. Its conveniently located near the Wats at the North East end of town

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Wonderful to find Le Banneton in LPB. The usual wonderful bread and gorgeous pastries plus the great staff and service never fail to please a customer. Give it a visit!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My friend and I became regulars at Le Banneton ever since we discovered it on our first day in Luang Prabang. It was the perfect spot to hang out for delicious coffee, baguette and croissants. I would go there for breakfast after giving alms to the monks. I'd read there. It was just a lovely atmosphere with genuine, kind and honest staff as well. I had Le Banneton withdrawal ever since I got back to San Francisco. Totally love that place!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Le Banneton's coffee is excellent! They also bake fabulous pastries, tarts and breads. The pure butter croissants are sinfully delicious and the baguettes are excellent - either with fillings (there are some really tasty ones to choose from) or served with real butter and home-made preserves. Breakfasts are tasty and good value. The ambience is nice - you can sit outside and listen to the chanting or the drumming by Buddhist monks at the temple across the road. When I'm in Luang Prabang I usually find myself visiting Le Banneton at least once a day!