“Great Food and Ambiance”

Le Cafe Ban Vat Sene
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Food and Ambiance”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The food was great, especially the desserts and service very good. Ate here several times during our stay.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Napier, New Zealand
“After 3 months traveling I really wanted a burger”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went in search of a burger and had a terrible, nearly in edible one in Pilgrim Cafe ( I reviewed it). I nearly gave up but the craving was still there so I took a chance here. It was a GREAT choice! I was actually asked how I wanted my meat cooked. A real hamburger arrived to my table! A fresh sesame seed bun, a generous patty, grilled onions, tomato and fresh lettuce. It was accompanied by great fries and a salad of micro greens.yum! My burger craving was satisfied. Think ill go back for breakfast tomorrow.

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A lovely place for morning coffee with a croissant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I wish I had found this lovely cafe earlier in our stay. Once I found it, I made sure my friend and I had coffee there on our last two days in Luang Prabang. The staff are very friendly and service is excellent, as is the strong black coffee. I tried a couple of their pastries and particularly enjoyed the butter croissant with delicious jams. If I return to Luang Prabang (and I do hope to) I will go to Le Cafe Ban Vat Sene every day for morning or afternoon tea. To be fair, I should probably also try its meals for lunch or dinner some time.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed spot with great food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had lunch here and both Lao hot and sour soup and the river weed quiche were delicious. Service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited August 2013
Acapulco, Mexico
“Good food with leisurely service.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate here a couple of times and enjoyed both the Laotian and the French food and everything on other people's plates looked wonderful including baguette sandwiches big enough for a family of four!
Their ginger tea is strong, sweet and delicious and just the thing to wash down one of their lemon curd tart which are absolute perfection to the extent that I developed an addiction and popped in to grab one every time I went past which was fairly frecuently as it was right opposite our hotel. My husband reports that the apple pie and eclair were excellent too.

Visited September 2013