“Good food, but need more staff when busy”

Rosella Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 204 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Australian, International, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rosella Fusion Restaurant is a friendly, family owned restaurant in the centre of Luang Prabang. Customers enjoy meals on our wooden terrace overlooking the beautiful Nam Khan river. The cuisine is a mixture of Lao and Western and is crafted by our Australian qualified Lao chef. It's a great place for lunch and dinner as well as a relaxing afternoon, watching local life on the riverbank, and a well priced evening cocktail.
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, but need more staff when busy”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Ate here on our first night. We got there early and happened to be the only ones in the restaurant. Decent prices for Luang Prabang considering the quality of the food (very good).

The frozen margarita was nice. The young lady serving us was very sweet and polite. The food we had was very tasty (and well presented). Considering we were the only people there, the service was a tad on the slow side (I.e my meat came out first, then I had to wait a few minutes until my rice came out)...but I was happy with my experience overall. I did notice that a couple who had come in just after us had to wait even longer to get there food they ordered (at least 30minutes).

When we returned a few days later, the restaurant was pretty full. We sat down, waited a few minutes, then a few more... We looked around and realised we were in for a long wait. The other tables had all just ordered their food. We decided to leave because we knew, given previous experiences it would be a wait.

I am giving this feedback because I really like this restaurant and want them to do well... Hopefully some constructive criticism will help - I think you need more staff especially when busy.

However, having said that, if you are more patient or you see the restaurant isn't too busy - please come here. The food is great and the staff are lovely.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Johannesburg
“Delicious & reasonably priced”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had lunch at Rosella today. Fabulous Lemon (lime) iced cool drink, good Kow Pad Gai (stir fried rice & chicken) and great Luang Prabang salad. Enjoyed it so much, we are ssure to back there whilst we are still in LP.

“Superb flavours”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We were referred here by Tamarind when they were booked up.

We had Tom Tum Gai (chicken soup) and Laap Gai (chicken salad). Both were perfect. Also had two desserts: purple rice and tapioca pudding. The latter was great.

Best Lao food we had on our trip by far. Much more sophisticated spicing than other places. Great riverside setting but don't forget your bug spray as usual along the river at night.

Sydney, Australia
“Yummmm”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great location, quiet and friendly.
The menu had a good selection of everything - snacks, meals, drinks, both Western and Laos.
Will definitely visit again.

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely the very best food in Luang Prabang!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Highly recommended!! I sadly only found this restaurant on my last night .... and it was without doubt the very best curry I have ever eaten!! The staff were just lovely as well and I noted quite a few expats eating there or getting take away, which is always a good sign!

Visited October 2012