“good food, nice setting”
Review of Coconut Garden

Coconut Garden
Ranked #24 of 208 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

we had a late dinner here--the food was quite good, and it has a beautiful garden setting. Service was merely adequate.

There are newer reviews for Coconut Garden

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This restaurant has a very pleasant garden at the rear of the premises, which makes for a pleasant atmosphere. Sadly the hidden results from this meal erupted 3 hours later with vomiting and stomach cramps. This resulted in our onward journey being cancelled and creating havoc to our travel plans. Risk it if you dare.

1  Thank Sally J
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had the Penne Tuna for 46,000 kip where (8,000 kip = USD1.00), Sangkhagna Ning Nam for 26,000 kip (dessert, a flan with a strange ginger flavor), and Iced Coffee for 15,000 kip. I ordered dishes which I deemed "safe" because I was so hungry it wasn't the appropriate time to choose anything more "adventurous". The servings were generous and they give you a loaf of bread while you wait. The taste, especially that of the pasta, is average. Perhaps I wouldn't say the same if I ordered Lao food. Unfortunately, I didn't go back a second time because I wanted to explore other restaurants during my stay in Luang Prabang.

It's incredibly hot to eat al fresco especially during lunch or mid-afternoon. Having passed by Coconut Garden at night, I think dining around that time would be more lovely. :)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good Mekong fish in banana leaf but middling western food (pizza and pasta) suggest you are probably better sticking to the local cuisine here. Unlike other reviewers we were less fussed about the ambience, though there is a garden at the back of the restaurant that might be a bit better.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Quite big, nice layout, pretty much ALL tourist - but this seemed to be the scene looking into many of the restaurants. I had a stir fry which tasted good, but spaghetti noodles always leave me uninspired. My wife had the pumpkin soup, tasty. Prices are fine. Wouldn't rush back.