“Perhaps I Should've Ordered Lao Food...”
Review of Coconut Garden

Coconut Garden
Ranked #24 of 201 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“Perhaps I Should've Ordered Lao Food...”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had the Penne Tuna for 46,000 kip where (8,000 kip = USD1.00), Sangkhagna Ning Nam for 26,000 kip (dessert, a flan with a strange ginger flavor), and Iced Coffee for 15,000 kip. I ordered dishes which I deemed "safe" because I was so hungry it wasn't the appropriate time to choose anything more "adventurous". The servings were generous and they give you a loaf of bread while you wait. The taste, especially that of the pasta, is average. Perhaps I wouldn't say the same if I ordered Lao food. Unfortunately, I didn't go back a second time because I wanted to explore other restaurants during my stay in Luang Prabang.

It's incredibly hot to eat al fresco especially during lunch or mid-afternoon. Having passed by Coconut Garden at night, I think dining around that time would be more lovely. :)

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Decent local, average western food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good Mekong fish in banana leaf but middling western food (pizza and pasta) suggest you are probably better sticking to the local cuisine here. Unlike other reviewers we were less fussed about the ambience, though there is a garden at the back of the restaurant that might be a bit better.

• Visited October 2012
Vancouver, BC
“OK.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Quite big, nice layout, pretty much ALL tourist - but this seemed to be the scene looking into many of the restaurants. I had a stir fry which tasted good, but spaghetti noodles always leave me uninspired. My wife had the pumpkin soup, tasty. Prices are fine. Wouldn't rush back.

• Visited November 2012
Reno, Nevada
“Definitely the best restaurant we ate at in Luang Prabang”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Service was excellent. Go through the hallway to the back courtyard and eat near the waterfall / pond - so relaxing and just a wonderful atmosphere with the lanterns and all. Great selection of food - yummy phad Thai. Service is superb. Very polite and charming staff. Loved It !!!

Norfolk
“Enjoyable meal”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Ate there as part of a group of nine. We chose a variety of dishes, shared them around and everyone was happy. Not sure it was anything special, but happy to return.

Visited October 2012